Oculus App for PC is a modern tech-oriented mobile and desktop software that supports a plethora of VR products supported by the Oculus headset. The tech-lovers can now enjoy real-life experiences playing games, enjoying live events, and watching videos through Oculus Quest 2.
It is ideal, especially for people who, instead of enjoying the individual experience, like to share their virtual reality ventures with their online community. The Oculus app for PC helps you explore the Oculus Store, where you find virtual reality products galore to purchase your favorite products. The application is available in both mobile and PC versions. Connect your device with Oculus and enter a VR world.
Features of Oculus for PC
The wonderful features of this application are mentioned below.
Oculus Store Exploration
Oculus app store presents more than 1000 amazing VR-based products. With Oculus, you can manage your Oculus VR devices and can use these to explore mind-blowing applications in the Oculus Store.
Get Your Virtual Seat
Besides, you can attend live VR events browse and play top-notch high-tech games. Amazingly, you can use the app to book your virtual seat in advance to attend a live event.
Online does not mean that you have to be alone most of the time. You can spice up your VR experience by sharing it with your online friends. The more you share, the more you learn about different VR products.
As you log in, the app keeps you notified about your friends, live events, games, activities, and other content.
Oculus Quest 2 Headset
Connecting your Oculus headset helps to simulate a virtual reality experience that is more than real. Whether it is a game or an event, users feel as if they are the actual part of the real experience.
Active Help Desk
Oculus offers many tutorials and an active help desk to help newbies understand how the app works and what more it has to offer them.
It is free VR-compatible software that you can easily download from the App Store or its official website.
How to Download Oculus for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac)
There are two easy methods to get your Oculus App for PC, both Windows, and Mac.
Method #1: Download Oculus for PC Using Bluestacks
You can use an Android emulator to get the Oculus App on PC. There are many emulators, but BlueStacks is the most common one. The emulator is easy to download and easy to operate for its simple user interface. Besides, it demands fewer system requirements and runs smoothly on most of the systems. See how simple the download procedure is.
- Open your browser and type the official BlueStacks website; BlueStacks.com. Choose your .exe file that works for your computer.
- Now, click on the Download button on the page to initiate downloading the file.
- After the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded file; it leads you to a setup wizard. Here you click on the ‘I agree’ button on the license agreement.
- Next, another setup wizard appears where you select the storage path to store the emulator on your computer and press ‘OK.’
- After the installation is complete, open the app and sign up through your Google credentials, and BlueStacks is at your service.
- Open the home page and search Play Store and Oculus App later on. As you find your wanted Oculus, start downloading it. After the download is complete, click Install and explore the app to enjoy the world of virtual reality.
- Remember that you cannot open the Oculus without opening the BlueStacks. If you do not prefer this, there is another method.
Method #2: Download Oculus for PC Directly From The Official Website
It is an easy-to-conduct method, but it works only if your system is compatible with the Oculus PC version. The Oculus desktop version is mostly configured with the latest Windows operating systems. If you are lucky to have such a system, follow these simple steps.
- Open your browser and look for the official website https://www.Oculus.com.
- You would see many .exe files compatible with different systems, select the one file that is suitable for your PC and then click on the download button.
- After the download is complete, click ‘Install’ to get the app on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use Oculus on a PC?
Yes, you can use the Oculus app for PC. All you need to do is to access their website and download the installer on it. The other way is to install an emulator like BlueStacks on your computer to use it.
What are the requirements to run BlueStacks on my PC?
To run BlueStacks on your computer, you need
- At least a 4 GB of Ram or higher
- A processor equivalent to Intel Core 2 Duo or higher
- Any dedicated GPU or integrated graphics
- At least a 5 GB of free disk space
Why do I need an Oculus app?
The Oculus mobile app is a companion to your Quest or Quest 2 headset. It helps you in many ways, such as
It keeps you notified of new releases and sales.
- You can purchase, download, and install VR apps remotely.
- You can manage your VR apps.
- It helps you customize your device settings.
- The Oculus app makes it easy for you to cast your VR experience to your device or any Chromecast-enabled device.
- It supports your Quest or Quest 2 headset.
Why does Oculus not get installed on my computer?
Sometimes users get stuck in the Oculus installation process and receive error messages. If the same happens to you, try these fixes.
- Perform a clean reinstall by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it on a different drive with more free space.
- Disable the Windows Firewall as it could block the system’s ability to connect to Oculus servers.
- You may troubleshoot your network and restart your computer to fix connectivity issues.
- Pay attention to your window updates relevant to bug fixes and new features.
- Update your PC drivers. For doing it, you can go to the Device Manager and right-click each component to ‘Update ‘
- Scan corrupted files. For this, you need a repair tool to scan your computer files.
Through Oculus, you can innovatively celebrate your virtual-reality adventures. Whether you play games, avail live events, watch videos and listen to your favorite music, Oculus renders a special impact on every ordinary activity.