We introduce the Notability for PC application for you, a powerful and dynamic tool to create aesthetic notes with attractive sketches and colorful illusions. You can easily show your creativity by using this application. Moreover, it’s also an ideal choice for beginners who are trying to learn colorful illusions.
As an article writer, I like to be creative with my articles and other content that I create. My side hobby is creating visually creative notes. As a child, I used to make notes in my diary with colored pens and glitters –but times have changed now.
What’s not changed is my passion for creating beautiful notes. And now, I have found a perfect application that gives me the same creativity level that my diary gave me. Let’s have a look at the process of how to download Notability on a Windows PC.
Also, Read: How To Download GoodNotes App On Windows?
All The Awesomeness Of Notability Application
Let’s share how the Notability app is feature-packed.
Become the creative person you are. You have a wide variety of drawing tools ahead of you. Choose the ink, text, pens, and other options of your choice.
Add colorful images, lectures, assignments, documents, gifs, stickers, or whatever graphic you want to add –you got all the choice.
It allows you to organize all your note-art within the notability app. Divide them into subjects, authors, lectures, documents, and other categories.
Your Notability app is your canvas, and your hand is the brush. Why not try your old coloring techniques? You got a good range of colors, shapes, brushes, inks, and other painting and sketching tools that you require. Don’t wait, go draw.
Bring your notes to life. Add some music to your notes and transform your notes into a vivid animation.
Share your notes with others in the form of PDF and other formats.
Protect your notes in the cloud backup using iCloud Sync.
People Also Love: WorkDay App Installation Guide For PC – Windows & Mac
The Notability App – Pros And Cons
- Simple layout.
- Saves paperwork.
- Smooth backup options.
- Perfect for students.
- Syncing big notes can create issues.
- Bugs in the app.
- Problems with iCloud sync.
Different Methods To Download Notability for Windows 11/10/8/7 PC
As of today, the Notability application is only available for Mac. There is no available version for Windows and Android. But this doesn’t mean that you cannot run it on Windows; we wrote this tutorial so you can install this great application on your computer. For now, we will discuss the installation using an iPhone or macOS; simply read the following to install it.
How To Download Notability On Mac
- Find your App store.
- Open the App Store and search for the Notability app.
- Download the app and wait for the installation to finish.
The procedure is the same for iPads and iPhones.
So, how to use the Notability app on your PC platform? Well, the procedure requires a few steps, and it will be different, but in the end, you will be installed this app. Be sure to follow all the procedures listed in this guide.
The method that will be listed is about a virtual machine. So, before installing it, you must check if your laptop or PC is capable enough. Your computer might drastically slow down if it cannot handle a virtual machine. Some guidelines to follow are:
- A 64-bit version of Windows.
- Windows 10, 8, or 7.
- A good processor, preferably dual-core or more.
- At least 70 GB of free disk space.
- A compatible processor and motherboard that allows running virtualization.
Take into consideration these Virtualbox requirements to ensure the better working of your system.
Notability App for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7) Downloading Procedure Using VirtualBox
Although there are some decent virtual machine options for you, I recommend using the VirtualBox software to run on your Windows. It’s free, much faster than other virtual machines, and can be installed with fewer steps.
The macOS that would work best with the VirtualBox is Big Sur. You can try other Mac OS versions too, depending upon your computer’s capability.
The .vmdk file is needed to install the Operating System of Mac on your VirtualBox. However, we cannot provide the download link for it. You have to look for this file somewhere else.
Virtual Machine Setup
Follow the procedure to run the Notability app on Windows through VirtualBox:
- Download the VirtualBox setup from their official website.
- Double-click on the VirtualBox setup files and begin the installation process.
- Run the VirtualBox once you completed the installation and then tap on the “New” option.
- Now name your virtual machine. i.e., My Private OS.
- Now from the “Type” section, select your 64-bit Mac OS.
- Go for the “Expert Mode” for easy controls.
- Leave ample RAM for your virtual machine to run smoothly; the trick is to leave at least half of the memory of your computer.
- Then opt for the “Create Virtual Hard Disk” from the hard disk options.
- Tap on the “Create” option.
- Now customize your Hard disk space to at least 70 GB or more.
- Choose VMDK as your Hard Drive type and proceed to create your machine.
- Now hop towards the VirtualBox settings and access the Motherboard tab –Uncheck Floppy and Network options.
- Go towards the “Processor tab” and assign at least one or two cores for fast speed – more cores means faster processing speed.
- Now navigate the Display tab and set your Video memory to 128 MB minimum, and press OK.
- You have to load your Mac OS Big Sur by clicking on the Add icon on VirtualBox. Select your OS file and click on Choose for installing your OS.
In this way, you have completed the basic settings you needed for the VirtualBox.
VirtualBox Script Code
The next thing that you need to do is to execute some codes from the command prompt. Keep in mind that you need to replace the virtual machine name according to the one you provide. In this case, the virtual machine name is “My Private OS.”
To proceed further, open the command prompt with an administrator mode and type the following:
cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “My Private OS” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “My Private OS” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac19,1”
VBoxManage setextradata “My Private OS” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “My Private OS” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95”
VBoxManage setextradata “My Private OS” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
VBoxManage setextradata “My Private OS” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
Keep in mind that you don’t have to type the *First Line, Second Line, etc.*.
After you execute the following, run your Virtual Machine. You will see the infamous Apple logo on your VirtualBox screen later on. And the installation of the Mac OS Big Sur will start. Choose your preferred language, accept all terms and conditions, and wait to install the new Big Sur OS.
How To Download Notability for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7) Using The VirtualBox
Now when the challenging task is done, you are near to downloading the Notability on your PC. To proceed further, you must ensure that the macOS has been installed correctly. In this case, we will assume that you are on the macOS desktop. So follow the simple steps below to download this app on your computer.
- Find the Apple App Store and then log into your Apple ID.
- Once you get access, search for the “Notability App.”
- Hit the download button to get your Notability App on your Windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Notability app free?
No, the Notability cannot be downloaded for free. However, this is an awesome application that has a 7 days trial, so you can always try it before you finally decide to keep it.
Is it a monthly subscription-based?
No, once you purchased it, you can use it for an unlimited time.
Is there a Notability for Windows?
Unfortunately, right now, the developers have no plan to make a Windows version of this app. But with the trick written in this guide, you can still use Notability on your Windows computer using VirtualBox.
Do I need an internet connection in order to use it?
You don’t have to connect to the internet all the time to use it. However, you won’t be able to use the synchronization without connecting to the internet.
If you are a school-going student or a passionate writer, the Notability app is one of the perfect apps for your needs. Start downloading the Notability app on your Windows PC right away and recall your nostalgia.
You Might Also Like: How To Download And Use TP-Link Tether App On PC?