Do you want to automate your smart home? Or do you wish to control the gadgets of your apartment or home?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “yes,” openHAB is the ultimate solution to your problem. It facilitates you with hundreds of features.
Here the questions arise that what is openHAB, what are its characteristics, and can we install openHAB for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7. If you are also one of those confused freaks exploring the answers to these questions, you are on the right page.
In this blog post, we will discuss every point related to the openHAB app, which will definitely clear your confusion. So what are you waiting for, continue reading on.
What is openHAB?
OpenHAB Foundation develops this great application which falls in the category of Lifestyle on the Google Play Store. It has a lot of installations and a highly rated app from the Play Store. These two factors show that it is an authentic, credible, and efficient app for home automation.
It is a Java-based home automation program that joints various innovative home systems. In addition, it facilitates its users by giving a single solution to all the technologies. So it means that it is a useful app to empower your house.
You have to notice one point about openHAB: if you want to use the openHAB application, you require an openHAB server to utilize this fantastic smart home empowering application. Unfortunately, if you do not have an openHAB server, you cannot get an advantage from the functions of openHAB.
Features of openHAB
It is a general reality that a mobile development company makes an application to give benefits to its users. The people get these fantastic benefits by its features. Therefore, some of the top benignant features of openHAB are present below, which gives you an idea of what advantages you can get from openHAB.
Whether you want a communication protocol or brands support, you can do it through openHAB. It consists of two hundred plus add-ons like Z-Wave, Philips Hue, Amazon Echo, Chromecast, and Sonos, which providing support to you. If you incline to know more about add-ons, you can visit the website of openHAB.
If you do not want to control your technical devices manually, it allows you to speak. Google Assistant plays a vital role in it. You say your desired action through google assistant, and it helps openHAB to understand your demand. After it, openHAB perform the activity in which you have spoken.
This application has a friendly interface that anyone can understand without any professional training. Its main menu gives you clear options about smart gadgets in your home, and you can control them by choosing and clicking the options.
Besides all other features, it is available in various languages. For example, if you cannot understand the English language, you can translate the whole version of this excellent app in your own words by clicking on the translation button.
Easy “How to Guide”
Many of the potential users of the openHAB face difficulty during its usage. To solve this problem, openHAB has built an openHAB community which gives the solution to your every query related to openHAB. It responds very quickly and provides guidance or help to you.
How to Use openHAB for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7?
OpenHAB is an excellent mobile supported application, and hundreds of users are using it on their mobile phones or tablets. But some persons have a wish to use openHAB on PC. If you also have this vision, do not be sad. Emulators are available in this technological world which helps us to install mobile phone applications on PC.
Bluestacks and the MEmu player are the two most popular emulators. Here, we will tell you the installation method through them. So keep on reading!
First: Using BlueStacks To Download openHAB on PC
- Visit the official website of Bluestacks through google, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer.
- Download this emulator by pressing the “Download” button; you can find it immediately after opening the website of BlueStacks.
- After downloading, locate the file from your computer and execute it.
- Follow the instruction of the installer to install it.
- Once you finished the installation, double click on the BlueStacks emulator icon, sign it up with Gmail ID and open it.
- The home screen of bluestacks will now open, next is to locate the Google Play Store and open it.
- Use the built-in search of Play Store and type the openHAB to look for it.
- After exploring, you will find the openHAB from the search, click it and then start downloading this app.
- After a few moments, this application will show on the screen of your Windows desktop as well as the home of BlueStacks.
- Back to your desktop and then double-click it to enjoy using the openHAB on your Windows 11/10/8/7 or Mac.
- Finally, you have completed the installation of openHAB on PC. Enjoy it to the fullest.
Installing openHAB Directly Without Play Store
In case you are having trouble with Play Store, you can download the APK file of openHAB somewhere and then upload it to the BlueStacks.
In this way, you will still be able to download and install the openHAB app on your PC even if you don’t download it from the Play Store.
Second: Downloading openHAB on PC From MEmu
- Pick any search engine like Chrome and enter the website of MEmu Player.
- Press the download button, which you can see on the main screen of this site to save the installer.
- Explore the downloaded file from your computer and then open it to start the installer.
- Complete the installation by accepting its terms and condition.
- Now double-click to open the MEmu on your computer and sign it up with a valid Gmail ID.
- Start to locate the Play Store by Google from the list of apps on the MEmu emulator.
- After this, you can now search the openHAB and begin its installation process by clicking on the “install” button.
- Wait for 1 to 2 minutes depending on your internet speed; the icon of openHAB will show on your PC screen. This indicates that you completed the installation of this app.
- Congratulations, you have no more steps to follow. Now double-tap on the app’s icon and start to get the assistance of this app for home empowerment.
Alternatives of openHAB
- Home assistant
- Yeti Smart Home
- Gideon Smart Home
In sum, we can say that openHAB is an excellent app to get command over smart devices present at your home. And, you do not need to pay a single penny to get it on your PC. So go off and start to utilize this app freely.