Ring App For PC – Download On Windows & Mac
The rapid emergence of technology has helped us people a lot. With the improvements of wireless technology, this was also applied for a home device security. By combining these technologies, the wireless camera has been invented. Some feature was also added, such as adding a doorbell into these devices; thus, it becomes a wireless doorbell with a camera. To control it, you would need software installed on your smartphone or computer, such as the Ring App. With this application, you will be able to connect your Ring device installed in your home or office and remotely access it.
The only requirement to make it happen is an internet connection. Now, if you are looking for a way to install the Ring App for PC, read our guide here thoroughly.
Features Of The Ring App For PC
HD Security Camera
The security camera supports recording a 1080p high definition video to ensure a sharp and detailed quality.
Charging the device is easy because it supports a standard and widely used micro-USB port.
Motion Detector And Alarm
In this feature, you can set your device to automatically have an alarm in case the camera detects motion around the vicinity, when it’s alarming, your neighbors will hear it so that they know someone is around in your place. From the motion detector, you can also set its radius or section of an area where it will only detect motion.
Whenever it has an event such as detecting a motion, an alarm has been set on, or someone has pressed your doorbell, the Ring App will instantly give you a notification on your device to make sure that you are updated.
If you use your smartphone, you can connect to your device quickly by scanning the QR code of your device.
Two Way Audio
When someone approaches and presses the button of your doorbell, you can start to initiate this feature so that you can begin talking with them.
Why Install The Ring App?
Being able to access your device remotely gives you a lot of advantages. Even when you are not in your home, you will be able to see what is happening from your place.
You can also communicate with people who press the doorbell of your house. Another good thing is, this adds a lot of security.
- The Ring app has an excellent user interface.
- It is easy to use application.
- Connecting Ring devices are easy.
- Some users reported that it does not load on some devices.
- There are times that their servers are slow.
How To Download Ring App For Windows Or Mac
There are multiple ways to download and install the Ring app on PC. You can use either the Android emulator or use the Windows version. In this guide, we will discuss both methods. So, choose one which is the best for you.
However, if you want our opinion, we choose to install the Android version into your computer because it is much more stable and updated, but the choice is yours to make.
Before you do that, see the minimum requirements of this application.
- Have at least a dual-core processor of your CPU if you plan on using the Android emulator.
- Ensure that you have plenty of RAM. You can safely assume that you have it if you have more than 4 GB of it. In case not, your only option is to upgrade it.
- Make sure that there’s still enough room for the software, either emulator or the Ring app itself. Don’t let your free storage drop 5 GB or below.
- Windows users must download and install the latest Visual C++ Redistributable and .Net framework, which you can easily get from the Microsoft download page.
- It needs a correctly installed and working drivers for the graphics card. See your manufacturer’s website for the latest version of the driver.
Installing Ring App On PC From An Emulator
For the emulator program, we suggested using only the most trusted and known android emulator. This emulator is the BlueStacks; it is compatible and can all android apps on it; the Ring app is not an exception.
- Download the BlueStacks emulator from its official website and save the installer to your computer.
- Locate the installer and execute it to start the installation window.
- Read the terms and conditions and then agree with it to continue.
- Click the install button to start it; make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
- Find the BlueStacks emulator shortcut from your computer and then run it.
- Open the Google Play Store and then supply it with your Gmail address.
- Now, find the Ring app using the search of the Play Store.
- Install this application and wait for it to finished.
- Look for the shortcut of the Ring app on your desktop and open it.
- In this way, you have completed the installation of the Ring app into your Windows or Mac computer.
Installation Of Ring App From Windows Store
An alternative and direct way to install the Ring app for PC is to get it directly on the Windows Store. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to the website of Microsoft Store and search for the Ring – Always Home app.
- Once you found it, click the “Get” button and start downloading it.
- Once the installation is completed, open the start menu of your PC and search for it.
- Now click it, and this will start the Ring app on your computer.
Also, Check: How To Download ColorNote App On PC?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to install the Ring App on my PC?
You can either choose the installation from the Windows Store or use the Android emulator to run its software. However, in our case, using the Android version provides more stability since the developers are continuously updating the Android version. Therefore, we recommend using it to run on your PC. In case you use a macOS, there’s also an installer available on App Store, and you can use it to install it directly into your computer.
Will my computer get a virus if I install an emulator?
No, the BlueStacks emulator does not have any harmful software. This emulator is legit and has been around Since the year 2009. Many people use this emulator to run Android apps on their computers. In some cases, your anti-virus will warn you about it. But this is just a false positive so you can add it to your trusted list application.
I used the BlueStacks to run it, but my computer is hanging, how do I resolve it?
The only problem when using an emulator is, it requires a powerful computer. So, if your computer is old or not so powerful enough (see above requirements), then you cannot run it properly.
I get a virtualization error, what is it, and how to fix it?
This error indicates that your computer does not allow the virtualization technology. In order to resolve this issue, you need to go to your BIOS menu and then look for this option. You must enable it and then save the changes to your BIOS. Once you run the BlueStacks, this error will be gone, and you’ll see a considerable performance increase.
Downloading the Ring App on your PC is easy because it provides multiple installation methods. Now, you can choose whatever the best one and will work for you and start monitoring and controlling your device not only from your smartphone but from the computer as well.
You Might Also Like: Download Smart Life App On PC – Windows & Mac