Geeni App for PC has the power to control your devices such as your lights, outlet, and IP camera remotely, you don’t have to touch the switch manually to access and turn it on or off.
Now, some of us are regular users of a computer or more comfortable using it compared to smartphones. Thus, you would want to download and install the Geeni App for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac).
This article will provide you with the necessary steps to download the Geeni Camera app for PC. Be sure to read the guide in order to use it on a PC.
Why Would You Want To Use Geeni App For PC?
In today’s technology, the usage of smart devices is surging. For example, if you have an IP camera installed on your home or office, you can access it anytime so that you’ll be able to monitor the place easily from your mobile phone or computer.
Another one is the outlets. In some cases, you forgot to remove the plug of your appliances. Thus, the electricity keeps on flowing. However, if you have the Geeni app, you can set it to turn off the power automatically so that you can save electricity.
The only requirement to achieve this is to have a stable internet connection. This application is truly wonderful software to manage all of your Geeni devices from this app.
- Connecting your devices and setting up this application is easy.
- It supports high-quality video for IP cameras.
- Using the scenes will allow you to make automated events.
- It is very easy to use.
- In some cases, you cannot change the color of light once you set the mode to “color.”
- Limited customization is available.
- There are times that the device cannot connect several times.
With this application installed on your device, you can connect and control your lights, outlet, or CCTV camera in a simple step.
This cool feature allows you to change the light colors of your bulb or any Geeni-supported lights. You can modify it and set the color according to your mood.
If you have a lot of Geeni devices, you don’t have to control them one by one. With the grouping feature, you instantly change the settings of your devices, all at the same. This is also useful if you want to turn off all of your lights in just one click from this app.
This will allow you to set different scenes and apply actions automatically.
IP Camera Management
When you have an IP camera, you can monitor the real-time feeds and control it remotely. You can adjust the viewing angle even without physically touching it. It also has an option to let you speak and listen to the audio around the camera.
If you lost your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about your settings because it is all saved on the cloud.
How To Download Geeni App For PC (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac)
Using the Geeni app on smartphones is easy to download and install. However, in some cases, you want to use the Geeni app on Windows PC.
The problem is, the Geeni app cannot install on Windows or Mac directly. In order to do it, you are going to need an emulator software on your computer.
Before you proceed to install it, we recommend seeing the specs of your computer to see if the specs of your PC are enough to run it.
- The first one is to see if you have a good processor, an emulator is processor-intensive; thus, you need a computer that has a dual-core in it.
- The next major one is the RAM of your PC. If you have below 2 GB of it, you won’t be able to run the emulator efficiently. To fix this, you need to add additional RAM sticks. If this is not possible, increase the virtual RAM of your PC.
- Now, install major software requirements like OpenGL and DirectX. This can be installed if you update or correctly installed your graphics drivers. The driver of your GPU may vary, but the most common one can be found on the website of AMD and NVIDIA.
- It is also required that you download and install the Visual C++ and .Net frameworks, which can be found on the Microsoft website. However, if you use a macOS, you don’t have to install it.
- You also need to consider the free space on your hard drive. If you have below 10 GB or simply running out of space, it is highly recommended that you free up some of your hard drive space before installing and running the emulator.
Also, See: Canon Camera Connect For Windows & Mac – Free Download
Method 1 – Download Geeni App for PC Using BlueStacks
Currently, the best emulator out there is the BlueStacks. People who regularly use Android apps on their computers choose it.
That’s because the Bluestacks emulator is fast and responds really well. Most applications, including the Geeni app, are also compatible with it. Now, to install this emulator, follow the guide carefully.
- Get the latest version of the BlueStacks emulator from their official website. Type BlueStacks emulator downloads on a search engine to find it.
- Now, save the installer to your computer and then double click its setup file.
- The BlueStacks installation window will now appear, accept the terms and conditions to continue.
- After that, you will be able to click the “Install” button, so click it.
- Wait for the installation to complete, it takes around 10 – 30 minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection and computer.
- Once you completed it, go to your desktop and open the BlueStacks emulator.
- Upon running it for the first time, the Play Store login window will appear immediately.
- Enter your account, and you can choose to sync your apps or not.
- After that, search for the Geeni app on the Play Store to find it.
- Hover your mouse on the “Download” button and click it to start the installation.
- After you completed the installation, you can find the shortcut of the Geeni app on your PC.
- Run it, and start connecting your Geeni devices, have fun.
Also, Check: How To Download eWeLink App On PC – Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Mac
Method 2 – Using Nox Player
- Get the Nox Player from here.
- Start the installation of the Nox Player after you get it.
- Once installed, open the Nox Player and go to Play Store.
- Start installing the Geeni app by searching for it in the Play Store.
- Go back to the home to find the Geeni app.
- Click it so you start using the Geeni app for PC.
Note: If you want more guides about Nox Player, see this link.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the Geeni app on my computer without an emulator?
Sadly, this application is not available for download on Windows or Mac. The only way to run the Geeni app on PC is to use an emulator program. Make sure that you read the method above in order to install it properly.
Is it safe for my computer?
Yes, the emulator program that we suggested here is BlueStacks. This emulator is very popular and has an outstanding reputation. They don’t distribute viruses or any harmful software; thus, this emulator is safe. If your anti-virus warns you about this program, it is only a false positive, add it to exclusion so it won’t bother you when you use the BlueStacks.
Can I use it without the internet?
No, your Geeni products and the Geeni App needs to be connected on the internet before you can use them properly. You won’t be able to remove it if you don’t connect your products to WiFi.
With the Geeni app, you can control any of your Geeni smart devices. Even if you are far away from your home, as long as you have the internet, you can control and modify the lighting effects and turn on or off your devices. Although the Geeni app for PC is not available for Windows or Mac, you can still use it by having an emulator software installed on your computer.
You Might Also Like: Download ToTok App For PC – Windows & Mac
2 thoughts on “Geeni App for PC – Windows 11/10/8/7 and Mac Download”
This article is very informative. It helps me how to get it on my laptop.