Roku is a streaming device that allows you to access YouTube videos on your TV. You can also use Roku as a media player for games, movies, and TV shows. If you’re not familiar with Roku, it’s probably because you only use it in the United States. In other countries, such as Canada and Australia, Roku is available as a player and streaming device. With this guide, you will learn how to set up YouTube Kids on Roku.
YouTube Kids is a fantastic software for children of all ages. It enables parents to monitor and manage their child’s YouTube experience with the YouTube Kids app, which is available for iOS and Android devices. There are several advantages to using YouTube Kids, and one of them is the ability to Run YouTube Kids on Roku.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set up YouTube Kids on your device.
What Is YouTube Kids App?
YouTube Kids is a free piece of software that can be downloaded from the YouTube website and is particularly geared for children. Through the YouTube Kids app, parents can monitor and regulate which videos their children watch, as well as access the devices on which their children are playing video games.
YouTube Kids is a fantastic resource for watching instructional videos on your Roku device. If you Run YouTube Kids on Roku you can use it to manage all of your devices at the same time, allowing you to keep up with your favorite programs and movies without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.
YouTube Kids is a new platform created by YouTube. It was designed for children and offers some of the most popular shows and videos on YouTube. These videos are ad-free and age-appropriate.
If you have a Roku, you can access YouTube Kids on your TV through casting by using your android phone. Once it’s installed, you can log in with your Google account or create a new account.
The best part about this app is that you will get access to all of the features of YouTube without any ads. If you’re looking for an alternative to other kids apps, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or Disney Family, then this is the perfect fit for your family!
When it comes to YouTube users, now is the best moment for you to start watching your favorite videos on your Roku. Now that YouTube Kids has officially made it to the Roku platform, you can effortlessly broadcast all of your favorite videos into your living room.
Running The YouTube Kids App On Your Roku Through Casting
1. To begin, make sure that your Roku and Android devices are both connected to the same wireless network.
2. On your Android phone, open the Google Play Store. Download the YouTube Kids app from the Play Store.
3. Sign in to your YouTube Kids account once you’ve downloaded the app.
4. Find the “Screencast” option in the notification bar by searching for it in the notification bar.
5. Click “more settings” and then “enable wireless display” in the “select cast” menu.
6. You’ll be shown a list of nearby devices in the form of a search result if any are found. Connect it using a Roku TV if you have one.
7. Once you’ve connected to the Roku TV, you may stream the video to your phone. You’ll see the same thing on your Roku TV.
After these steps, This should appear on the screen and you’re good to go!
Use Your Roku Remote To Navigate The YouTube Kids App
Now that YouTube Kids is installed on your Roku and the app is ready to use, it’s time to set it up and Run YouTube Kids on Roku. To do this, you will need to connect your Roku device to your Wi-Fi network and then connect it to a TV or computer with an HDMI cable.
- Once you have connected your Roku device and are in the main YouTube Kids menu, click on “Settings”
- Choose “General Settings”
- Select the location where you want YouTube Kids to live on your device
- Set “Playback quality” as desired (choose between medium, high, or very high)
- Set “Playback speed” as desired (choose between fast or normal)
- Uncheck “Prevent auto-play” if you want YouTube Kids to automatically play videos when they become available
- Click on “Playback control” and select how long before a video can play after clicking on it (choose from 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes)
- Click on “Videos & channels” at the top right corner of the screen and select which channels you want your child to watch while using YouTube Kids
Watching Videos On A Different Device
YouTube Kids may be easily installed on your Roku device. The first step is to launch the YouTube Kids app and choose “Set Up Parental Controls” from the top-level menu.
Once you reach this stage, you will be prompted to provide the email address associated with your kid. You will need to provide them permission to log in using an email address other than the one associated with their parent’s account. Once they have it, they may use that email address to log into their new account and get started!
Disable Viewing Of Videos From Other Google Accounts
To Run YouTube Kids on Roku, you need to disable viewing of videos from other Google accounts. This will ensure that the video experience for your kids is clean and safe.
- Go to Settings on your Roku device and select System > Parental Controls.
- Select YouTube in the Parental Controls section, then choose the settings you desire: Block all YouTube content, Allow access to some YouTube content, or Allow full YouTube access with advertising (recommended).
- When prompted, enter your Google account password and click OK to begin setting up YouTube Kids as a restricted application using these new settings.
- When prompted, enter your child’s name and birth date, then click Next to complete setup on the next screen.
Accessing Other Features In The YouTube Kids App
In order to Run YouTube Kids on Roku, you must first download it on your Roku device.
After that, launch the YouTube Kids app and choose the settings button in the upper right corner of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose “Set Up Parental Controls” from the left-hand side menu.
When you click on the link, you will be confronted with a new pop-up window. It has a wide range of parental control settings options. You may choose whether or not to ban certain search keywords, channels, or videos that your kid sees.
The YouTube Kids app also allows you to set a time limit for how much time your youngster may spend on YouTube. You have the option of setting the length of time you would want them to spend on their device at a given point in time.
You Might Also Like: How To Watch YouTube TV on Firestick?