This article contains a complete guideline on how to download Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for PC and how to use it. The features will also discuss in this article.
An Onboard Diagnostic 2 (OBD2) is very important for cars. It not only saves your time but your money as well by diagnosing and reprogramming the vehicle’s ‘Control Modules’.
It helps you to identify the cause of the problem when apparently nothing seems wrong. For example, all of a sudden a light comes from your engine but not a thing is caught that caused the problem.
Car Scanner ELM OBD2 is an easy-to-use car scanner that gives accurate information about your car.
What Is Car Scanner ELM OBD2 And How It Can Help You?
It is a car scanner app that allows you to manage your car performance and its diagnostic tools in real-time. It has an extensive set of sensor data and settings that lets a user customize the settings according to his preferences, For instance, you can rename the sensors.
This free vehicle app is developed by 0vZ and has over 5 Million users all over the world. It is popular among users as it works without glitches, quickly connects, and has amazing customizable features.
How to Download Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac)?
An android emulator is required to install this app on your PC. Here is the step-by-step guide to installing an emulator and Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for PC.
Method #1 – Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for PC Download Using Bluestacks
- Download an android emulator. You can download Bluestacks. It is a popular android emulator that works smoothly on both Windows and Mac.
- Once downloaded, open the file and follow the instructions on the screen to launch it on your computer.
- Now open the emulator and sign in to your Google account using your Gmail credentials.
- After that, open the Google Play Store and search for Car Scanner ELM OBD2. Click on the ‘Install button.
- Once the downloading is complete, you can open it from the home screen of the emulator.
Method #2 – Download Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for PC Using Nox Player
- The Nox Player is one of the best as well. To get this emulator, check this article.
- After you download it, open the installed and follow the wizard guide.
- Now, open the Nox Player from your computer.
- Find the Google Play Store app and then click it to start.
- Now, the Google Play Store will ask you to sign in and then enter your username and password to log in.
- Once logged in, click the search bar.
- Type the Car Scanner ELM OBD2 and download it.
- Wait for the installation to finish and launch the Car Scanner ELM OBD2 for PC using the Nox Player.
Features of the App
Here we have discussed some of the highlighted features of the app:
You can add custom (like extended PIDs) and get to know about every single detail of your car even the ones that were hidden by the manufacturers.
DTC Codes Descriptions
The car scanner ELM OBD2 includes massive datasets of DTC code descriptions. That allows you to manage and reset DTC fault codes. You are also able to read free frames.
Save Your Money
This car scanner app contains Mode 06 which lets you acquire self-monitoring test results. So, you can save money through this app as it helps you to fix the minor issues of the car on your own.
Compatibility and Connection Profiles
This car scanner can work with any vehicle that contains OBD 2 (Present in the vehicles in the US since 1996 and almost all the cars built after 2000 worldwide). Also, it has a variety of connection profiles so that you may enjoy additional features. It includes Toyota, Opel, Nissan, Renault, Infinity, Mitsubishi, and many more. Along with that, if you are unable to find your car on the connection profiles then go with your car brand and OBD 2. For instance, if you have a Renault car then it would be ‘Renault OBD- II’.
This car scanner can also work as a Trip computer as it shows the statistics on Fuel consumption.
Free To Use
Most car scanners are extremely expensive and have minimum functions. But Car Scanner ELM OBD2 offers a lot of functions in the free version. Although it does have a premium plan as well, but you can avail all the basic functions for free that are not offered by other car scanners.
Some other features of Car Scanner ELM OBD2 are:
- It helps you to layout your dashboard with the gauges and charts of your choice.
- There is a HUD mode on the dashboard that allows you to project data to the windshield.
- You can have accurate acceleration measurements.
- You can get all the sensors on one screen.
- It allows you to check whether your car is ready for the emission tests or not.
Does it support cars without OBD2?
Yes! It does support some cars that are not OBD 2 compliant like Toyota cars (with JOBD), Suzuki, Nissan Car with a Consult 2 Protocol, some Chinese cars, and Russian Cars.
Why the car scanner is not connecting with the Bluetooth in my car?
You cannot the car scanner with a Built-in Bluetooth of the car but you need an OBDII ELM327 adapter for this.
What does the warning ‘Bad Adapter’ indicate?
This warning indicates that some commands are not recognized by the adapter while the initialization of the ECU. But don’t panic as it’s just a warning. But make sure to use the recommended adapters in the future to avoid any problems with your car.
Why the car scanner is displaying the wrong speed and voltage?
The car scanner does not measure the speed or voltage of the car. These are measured by the ECY of the car. And there is always a margin for this by the manufacturers of the car. It has nothing to do with the car scanner.
How can I purchase the Pro version?
You can purchase it via any of the stores (Google Play Store or Apple App Store). You can use this on unlimited devices or the limit provided by the particular store. Moreover, the payments are also done through these stores.
Car Scanner ELM OBD2 is an amazing and reliable car scanner app that offers a variety of functions.
It is free software that allows you to manage and control your car in real-time. Sometimes it displays the problems detected even before they are diagnosed by the check engine.
With the simple steps listed above, you will be able to download the Car Scanner ELM OBD2 on PC with ease and start troubleshooting your car easily.