Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install And Use Alexa App for PC
These days technology has advanced so much that you can manage your devices from wherever you are and whenever you want. All you need is a personal assistant. You can perform multiple tasks with the help of a personal assistant. The good news is apart from your phone; you can also download and use it on your laptops and PCs. Thus, here we will explain how you can use the Alexa app for PC.
Also, Check: How To Download Amazon Prime Video On PC?
What is Alexa Application?
Alexa app for PC can simplify your life by doing multiple tasks just on your voice command. With its hands-free functionality, you can do various tasks by asking Alexa like setting reminders, playing music, controlling your smart home, reading news, answering questions, and many more. The best thing is, you can do all these tasks even without diverting your attention away from important emails. Alexa app can run in the background or even with a minimized screen.
Besides, Alexa’s application on Windows PC can help you to stay connected with your friends and family with functions like a video call or controlling your smart home for your comfort. The primary goal of the Alexa app is to make your life easy and smooth.
Features of Alexa Application for PC
The notable features of the Alexa app are:
Manage Multiple Devices
Alexa app can make it easy to manage multiple devices at the same time. Moreover, you can manage Alexa-enabled devices from anywhere. You can manage devices like smart light, thermostat, and locks, etc.
The Best of Music
Using the Alexa app, you can listen to your favorite music by connecting it with Amazon Music.
Manage To-Do List
Alexa app can effectively manage your entire to-do list based on your priority. Therefore, you will never forget your important tasks and deadline.
News and Weather Updates
You can get all-weather updates and news around the world with the help of Alexa.
Besides these features, some of Alexa’s other excellent features include alarms, timers, managing your kindle books, etc.
How To Use Alexa Application?
The Alexa app is very easy to use. Therefore, even beginners can use it smoothly and quickly. You can use its features to make your life comfortable. In order to do that, just follow these steps to use the Alexa app:
- To use the Alexa app, start by downloading and installing it.
- Once the installation is completed, open the Alexa app.
- Press the Alexa button to use the app. When you are using the app for the first time, you will ask to allow certain permissions.
- Record your audio by pressing the allow button after you are done with all your devices to access your device location.
- Finally, click on the ‘done’ icon and say a phrase.
- Now you are all set. All you have to do is to tab on the Alexa icon to start the app.
How To Download Alexa Application On PC, Windows 10/8/7 And Mac
If you are looking for how to download the Alexa app for PC, then you are in the right place. Downloading and using the Alexa app for a laptop is not a problem. However, you will need an android emulator to run the Alexa app. Its steps are:
We will download the BlueStacks emulator to download and run the Alexa app. Using the BlueStacks App Player program, you can easily run android apps on Mac and Windows systems.
Step 1: Download and Install BlueStacks
The starting point of downloading the Alexa application on PC and Windows is downloading BlueStacks. You can download it from any trusted software app hosting site. However, the better option is to get it from developers. Once it is downloaded, install the program directly into your hard drive.
After installation is completed, the program will open on your home screen. Options like apps search, sync apps, access settings will appear on your screen. At this point, you can either install android apps or can sync your android devices apps.
Step 2: Connect Amazon Alexa with Google Play Store
To install Amazon Alexa, you will need a Google account to connect BlueStacks with Google Play Store. Register your existing Google+ account. If you don’t have one, create a new Gmail account. Go to the app search section of the program (Google PlayStore) and enter ‘Amazon Alexa.’ Hit the download button, and it will be installed automatically by BlueStack. To start it, double click the newly generated icon of the Amazon Alexa app on your PC.
Microsoft Version of Alexa Application
You can also download the Alexa app via the Microsoft store. To download the Alexa app for Windows 10/8/7 via Microsoft store are:
- Go to your Microsoft store and look for the Alexa app.
- Click on the Alexa icon. A progress bar will appear on your screen. Select the download button.
- After the app is downloaded, click launch to start the installation process.
- Once the app is installed, restart your computer. Next, go to the Windows 10 menu and run the Alexa app.
- Then click on set up Amazon Alexa. A screen will appear to click on the continue button and finish the setup.
- At this point, you will need to enter your Amazon user ID and password to log in. In case you don’t have one, create a new account from its official website. Once you are logged in, you can use it.
Alexa App For Mac Installation Guide
In case you have a Mac instead of Windows, the installation is very easy; just follow the method below to install it on your Mac.
- To download the Alexa app, go to the iTunes store and download it. After it is successfully downloaded, start the installation.
- After installing the Alexa app on your Mac, log in to your Amazon account by entering your ID and password on the pop-up screen.
- If you don’t have an account, don’t worry, you can create a new account at any time.
- Once you are logged in, you can start pairing. Connect Alexa and other smart devices with the help of the downloaded Alexa app.
- App has an icon of settings where you can make any adjustments and changes as you wish. And you are finally done with installing the Alexa app on your Mac OS.
Trending App: Mathway Installation Guide On PC – Windows 10/8/7/Mac
Alternative Application of Alexa App
Alexa is a personal assistant app offered by Amazon. Although Amazon Alexa stands on the top of a personal assistant list still, there are numerous excellent alternatives. Some of the good alternatives to Amazon Alexa are Google Assistant and Bixby.
Google Assistant is an undisputed champion on Android for the personal assistant app. It offers a wide range of features. Besides, it can also integrate with smart home stuff like Philips Hue light.
Bixby is another excellent alternative to the Alexa app offered by Samsung. However, it is only available for Samsung devices. It comes with various features and makes your life easy.
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I get the Alexa app on my PC?
Alexa app is available on your PC through various methods. In order to install it, you can choose the installation from the Windows Store, iTunes, in case you use a Mac or an emulator program to run the Android version into your computer.
2. Is the Alexa app available for Windows?
Yes, absolutely Alexa app is available for Windows users. It is officially available at the Microsoft store. Besides, you can also download it using an android emulator.
3. Can I safely install it on my computer?
Absolutely. The Alexa app is made by Amazon, which is a company that you can trust.
Alexa is one of the best personal assistants that can make your life comfortable and easy. You can use an android emulator to download and use Alexa for your Windows and Mac.
You Might Also Like: How To Download Nook App On Windows PC
- Download Kik Messenger On PC Guide – Windows 10/8/7 - February 24, 2021
- Manage Your Google Devices With Google Home App For PC - February 23, 2021
- Lookout Security for PC: Protect Your Computer - February 22, 2021