Reading books is the best hobby one can have. The issue comes when you cannot take books everywhere. The only thing you always have by your side is your phone and laptop.
Why not introduce you to an app that is both a best-selling ebook app and a solution to your book reading issues?
The NOOK app is an excellent application for enhancing your reading experience as it comprises a vast library of ebooks, mags, novellas, and much more. The customizations and striking features of the NOOK app are every reader’s dream.
If you are looking for a way to download the NOOK app on your PC, you’ve come to the right place. We can show you how to do it in this guide.
But for now, we will explain more things about this software before we jump into the installation guide of the NOOK on Windows PC. However, if you are eager to find out, you can jump to the installation guide immediately.
Highlights Of The NOOK App
- Browse latest ebooks (free and paid)
- Download favorite ebooks
- Add books to the wishlist.
- Customizable assistance for people with sight issues.
- Customizable brightness, text, and night mode settings.
- Sharing ebooks on social media.
- In-app dictionary.
- Easy sorting and archiving.
- Cloud storage.
- Free Friday ebook.
- The new app upgrade is buggy.
- Too complex to find particular books.
- Some books are too expensive.
Also, Read: How To Download Google Duo On Windows And Mac?
How To Use The NOOK App On PC Using MacOS?
If you are looking to run the NOOK iOS application on your Windows, you cannot make it work directly. In order to run it, you have to download NOOK by creating a virtual machine on a PC that will power a macOS, thus, creating the mechanism to download the app. The procedure might consist of a few tricky steps, but I’ve got your back.
So we will divide the NOOK downloading procedure into three significant steps:
- Installing the VMware
- Loading the macOS
- Installing NOOK on macOS.
Installation Of the VMware Software
VMware is a tool that creates a virtual machine within a person’s system which can run any OS other than Windows. It’s fast and runs OS smoothly.
But in order to run it more efficiently, you’ll need a good computer that has at least a dual-core processor and 8 GB of RAM installed.
A least powerful can still run it but keep in mind that you need to expect that it won’t run very well on these machines.
How To Download VMware On Windows
The installation is very simple; just follow the method below to download and install this powerful VM application.
- Open another tab on your web browser.
- Type www.vmware.com
- Go to the Menu section.
- Find the downloads and then select “Product Downloads.”
- Navigate “Workstation Pro” and download the latest version.
- You need to log in and buy a registration key first to download VMware.
- If you need to use a trial version of VMware, then click here.
- VMware installation is easy. Just accept the VMware terms and conditions to finalize the installation.
- Once you completed the installation, the VMware is ready to use.
Unfortunately, VMware doesn’t support macOS, so you need to download a VMware Unlocker Patch tool to install the macOS. You can download it from here.
Patching The VMware For MacOS
Once you have the patch tool, follow the procedures below in order to install the macOS on VMware.
- Exit VMware and make sure it isn’t running.
- Now extract the Unlocker.
- Navigate the file “win-install.cmd”
- Right-click and run as admin.
- The patch will start installing on your machine. Now we can proceed to macOS installation.
Loading the macOS To VMware
The next point is loading the macOS file in your VMware. You need to download a macOS image file from an external source. Unfortunately, we will leave this option for you. In this guide, we’ll be using macOS Sierra here.
So now we are ready to proceed.
- Open your VMware Workstation.
- Select “Create New Virtual Machine.”
- Choose the “Typical” settings and click next.
- Now, select, “I will install the OS later.” and click the next button.
- After that, choose the guest OS as Apple Mac OS X and select the macOS version 10.12 and click next.
- Now is the time to name your virtual machine. You can name it anything like Sierra OS or YourName macOS.
- Choose the recommended default location and click next.
- Now the VMware will ask you to specify the virtual Hard disk size, set anywhere between 50 GB to 120 GB.
- Store the VMware virtual disk as a single file and click next.
- The dialog box will show you the specs of your new virtual machine; before finishing the setup, click on “Customize Hardware.”
- Click on “Memory” and increase it for higher performance. Do not over-exceed, or else; your computer will start to have RAM problems; thus, slowing down the machine.
- Tap the “Processors” and customize it depending on the number of your processor. In general, you must select at least half of the number of your processor’s core.
- Click the “CD/DVD (SATA)” option and select the “Use ISO image file.”
- Now, click the browse button and locate where you have your macOS Sierra.iso file saved. Select the file, click open, and proceed.
- Once you finish the setup, you can now click the close button.
- Now that the macOS Sierra setup is complete, click on Finish.
- Your macOS Sierra is ready to load in your VMware.
Installing The macOS On The Virtual Machine
- Select the “Power on a virtual machine.”
- Your macOS will start to boost, and the famous Apple logo will start to show.
- Select the language and click next.
- Go towards the “Utilities” and click on Disk Utility.
- Select the VMware SATA Hard Drive Media and tap on Erase.
Choose the following options:
- Name macOS HD.
- Format: macOS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map.
- Click on Erase.
- Now go back to installation by quitting disk utility.
- Now click on continue on your macOS Sierra installation.
- Agree to the T&C and click continue.
- Pick the macOS HD and continue.
- Go and make some coffee until the macOS installs in the VMware.
- After installation completion, click your region.
- Choose your keyboard’s layout and continue.
- Pick “Don’t transfer any info.”
- Disable your location services.
- Sign in to your Apple ID.
- Agree to the Software Agreement.
- Name your new PC with your full name, password, account name, etc.
- Select the time zone.
- The macOS Sierra will load now.
- Your macOS Sierra is finally available on your VMware Workstation.
Installation Of NOOK On PC From macOS
Now that you’ve come this far, the only thing left is to install the Nook for your PC. It is very easy to do now; just do the following steps:
- Go to the App Store.
- Type “NOOK.” and the developers must be Barnes & Noble.
- Install the software.
- NOOK is available on your Windows now. Enjoy!
Also, Check: How To Install Streamlabs On PC – Windows/Mac
How To Download The NOOK App On Windows 11/10/8/7 Directly?
If you think that the iOS version is very hard to install on Windows, why not simply use the Windows version instead? Luckily, the NOOK developers have also make a Windows version of this application.
However, this will only work on the most recent Operating System such as Windows 10 and 8. If you are still using Windows 7, then you are out of choice and stuck with the installation of VMware to run the NOOK on your computer.
Now, if you are one of the people who have a Windows 10 or 8, then you can install it easily. Just follow the very simple steps in order to download it.
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- Find the NOOK application by searching it. Otherwise, you can also check this link if you want to find it immediately.
- Click the “Install,” and this will open your Windows Store app.
- Again, click the “Install” button from the app to start the installation.
- Once you completed it, you can now open the NOOK on your Windows PC.
Another Way To Download The NOOK App On Windows [Android Version]
Again, there’s another method to download and install this wonderful app into your computer. Since there’s also an Android app of the NOOK app, you can also run this version on your computer. Continue reading on to install the Android version on your computer.
- First, you’ll have to use a good emulator program that is capable of running the NOOK app. We recommend using BlueStacks.
- Once you installed this emulator to your computer, open it from your desktop and then install it.
- Assuming that you completed the installation, you can now run the BlueStacks and proceed to enter your Google Play ID from the Play Store.
- Now, download the NOOK app from the Play Store.
- Once you finished it, go back to the Bluestacks app drawer to see its icon.
- Click the logo of the NOOK app to start it.
- Finally, you have the Android version of the NOOK on your computer that can be run from the emulator.
- Is Nook available on Windows 10?
Yes, as of now, NOOK is available on Windows 10, and 8, which can be download directly from the Microsoft Store. You can check the guide above to install it.
- Can you read a NOOK Book on a Computer?
Nook for Web is available for users.
- Is Nook Available For Android?
Yes, Nook is also available on Android devices.
The Nook app is a relief to people who are more into reading from a laptop or cellular device than a hard book. Download the Nook app on your PC and Windows and enjoy its perks.
You Might Also Like: How To Download Amazon Prime Video On PC