When it comes to security at home or office, the CCTV or IP Camera is the necessary hardware that you need to have. And to control these cameras from anywhere, you would need an app specialized for it. AtHome Camera is one of the most intelligent and reliable software that can do this job. The good thing about this app is you can download the AtHome Camera for PC using a simple, and we will teach you how to do it.
AtHome Camera App for PC
It has advanced technology that allows us to detect motion and avoid false alarms. Whenever it detects motion, you will be able to get notified immediately and send you a screenshot of the video.
Capturing video at night is also not a problem with it because it has an enhanced night vision feature that allows it to see even in the darkest place.
You can also talk from this app and hear the audio around the camera, which is a useful feature that you can use for communication.
Viewing the live video feeds is also manageable from it since it can show up to four cameras simultaneously.
There’s also a feature called Pan, Tilt, and Zoom that allows you to control the camera angle and view without touching it physically.
Lastly, you can also save and encrypt the video files that were captured from this app into the cloud so you can access them anytime or anywhere. There are also other features, but that’s all for now. To view the complete details, you can refer to their website.
Now, we’ll discuss the installation of the AtHome Camera app for Windows PC or Mac. Check the details below to do that.
How To Download AtHome Camera For PC (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac)
There are multiple ways to download and install the AtHome Camera app on your PC. You can directly download the Windows installer or use the Android app on your computer.
For this article, we will discuss the method on how to install the Android AtHome Camera app on your computer. First, you would need to make sure that your PC is compatible with an emulator program.
The emulator requires you to have a good computer or laptop. It needs your processor to have a dual-core processor, the memory installed on your PC must be 4GB and above, and storage space more than 20 GB.
These are the requirements for the hardware, but how about the software you might ask? It needs you to install the latest .Net framework, updated Visual C++ Redistributable, DirectX, and OpenGL installed.
Lastly, it requires your computer to have the latest version of the graphics driver so you can avoid glitches.
When you have the following, you can ensure that your hardware and software is installed correctly, and running the AtHome Camera app on Windows 7/8/10/Mac will be no problem at all.
Also, Read: Download HapSee App For Windows & Mac
Download AtHome Camera App for PC Using Bluestacks
The best emulator to emulate the AtHome Camera on PC is the BlueStacks. This emulator is fast and very responsive to most Android-based apps.
Many people also preferred it because it is accessible, and lots of people know about it. To download and install this software, follow the steps below:
- Go to the website of BlueStacks and then save the installer to your computer desktop.
- Browse your desktop and find the installer file of the BlueStacks then launch it.
- The window installation of BlueStacks will start to appear, read the condition, and accept it.
- Once you accept its terms, you can now click the “Install” button.
- Now, wait for the BlueStacks installation to finish and run it when it does.
- Use your Gmail account to start logging in your account. Else, if you don’t have it, go to the Gmail website and create an account for it.
- Once you are finally inside the BlueStacks home, find the Google Play Store and open it.
- Double-click it and start searching for the AtHome Camera app.
- Click the install button to start saving this app on your computer.
- Check the Home of BlueStacks or your desktop to find the icon of the AtHome Camera app on your PC.
- Run it when you found this app, and this will start the AtHome Camera app.
Now, you can start connecting your camera and remotely view it from this app. In case you encounter issues on Google Play Store, you can use the APK installation method.
Get AtHome Camera APK and Install it
In this method, we will install the AtHome Camera app using the APK file. However, if you have successfully installed it from the BlueStacks, you won’t be needing this method anymore.
Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Open your web browser and type the AtHome Camera APK and search for it on Google or Bing.
- Save the APK file of this app and then open the BlueStacks emulator.
- Click the Install APK option from the menu bar and find the file you downloaded earlier.
- Finally, it will start the installation automatically from the BlueStacks emulator.
Using this method has a bit of a disadvantage. You won’t be able to use the Google Play Store automatic update; thus, you cannot update the AtHome Camera app automatically.
However, you can still update it if you download the latest APK of the AtHome Camera app. Just install again and replace it with the newest version of this software.
Trending App: Download Eye4 App For PC – Windows & Mac
Increasing Speed Of The Emulator
Even if you have a fast computer, when emulating apps like AtHome Camera on your PC, there will be a slowdown. You might notice that the emulator will also show you a notification that reminds you to enable virtualization.
When you enable this option, it will increase the responsiveness and speed of the emulator like BlueStacks. However, virtualization can be found on the BIOS menu.
If you are not knowledgeable in this menu, it is highly recommended that you do not modify other of its settings. That’s because it can cause problems on your computer.
So, make sure that you only modify and enable the virtualization technology and save the settings to your BIOS. Once you reboot your computer, you will see a massive jump of performance, especially when using the AtHome Camera app.
In the guide above, you have learned how to use the Android app version of the AtHome Camera for PC. An emulator is an excellent tool for using Android apps like this one on a computer.
You Might Also Like: Free Download – Forest App For Computer (Windows, Mac)