GarageBand For PC – Windows & Mac Download
GarageBand is one of the most widely used apps for creating music that can be download from the Apple App Store. Since it is trendy, many people are looking for a way to download and install the GarageBand for PC.
As you may already know, this application by Apple Inc. rarely makes an app for Windows. That means that you can only use the official version of the GarageBand app on devices such as the iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
However, we can guide you with an alternative way to download and install the GarageBand app on your PC that runs a Windows 10, 8, or 7 OS.
Before we discuss the installation of this app, let us tell you a bit about the GarageBand app. This software has many essential features that will benefit its users when creating or playing music.
One of the best features of this app is being capable of connecting your external keyboard via USB port. It also allows you to record, capture, and play the music that you can share anywhere.
While using the GarageBand app, you can apply DJ style effects from the Remix FX. You can also select the style from acoustic drummers or electronics.
Using the GarageBand is also easy and does not confusing because of its simple graphical user interface. Many music professionals are also using them to create songs or music.
Now, let’s go back to our topic – how to download and install the GarageBand app on Windows or Mac? Since Apple Inc. has not released an official version for Windows, the only way to fix it is to use either emulator or run a Virtualize Mac OS on your PC.
Minimum Requirements Of A Computer To Run The GarageBand For PC – Windows 10, 8, 7
To successfully emulate an iOS emulator or run a Mac on your Windows computer/laptop, you have to make sure that your computer is capable enough for this task. For the hardware requirements, see the information below:
- You need a fast processor that can run at least 1.5GHz if you are planning to use a virtualize Mac on your Windows OS to run the GarageBand app. It is also essential to have at least a dual-core processor. However, if you plan to use an emulator, you only need a processor that can run a minimum of 1 GHz.
- Both methods will require you to have plenty of RAM installed on your PC. You need to have at least 4GB or better to avoid getting an insufficient memory error.
- You must also consider checking the hard disk space of your computer. Have at least 50 GB or more so that you can install either of them to download and install the GarageBand on your PC.
- If you plan to use the emulator for iOS, you need to install the Adobe Air on your computer.
- Keep your GPU drivers updated to the latest version to ensure that you won’t be able to encounter graphical glitches.
- Remember to use only the latest Operating System such as Windows 10, 8, or 7. The XP is not supported anymore.
- Lastly, you must install the Visual C++ Redistributable from Microsoft. If you have it already, you can also update it.
Once you do the following, the next step is to choose between installation using the iOS emulator or running a Mac on your Windows PC.
Also, Check: Download Perfect Piano App For Windows & Mac
Emulating MacOS To Download And Install GarageBand For Windows
- First, you must have an iso file of macOS to your computer. You can get this from the Apple website. This file is usually more than 2.5GB, so it takes time to download it.
- Once you finished downloading the macOS iso file, you need to download a Virtual Machine on your computer. We recommend using the VMWare Player and get the free version of this software.
- Now install the VMWare Player to your computer, and after that, launch it from your desktop.
- Click the “Create A New Virtual Machine” and then choose the Typical installation and click the Next button.
- After that, choose the “Install Operating System Later” and then select the Apple Mac OS X and choose the version corresponding to the file you have downloaded from the Apple website.
- Click next again and when you are at the window where you can specify the disk space, choose 40 GB and choose the “Store virtual disk as a single file,” then click the Next button again.
- From this window, you can click the “Customize Hardware” and select the appropriate one that you need, such as adjusting the RAM and adding a processor. Once you finished it, you can click the “Finished” button.
- The next part is to convert the .dmg file into .iso so that you can use it to VMWare. Get a copy of the PowerISO tool from the internet and then download either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your OS.
- Install it and then open the PowerISO app. Now click “Tools” and then “Convert.”
- Select the .dmg file of the MacOS you have download earlier and convert it.
- After that, open the VMWare again and edit the virtual machine settings.
- Choose the CD/DVD option and open the ISO of the macOS that you converted.
- Now run the Virtual Machine and setup the MacOS to install it.
- At this point, you will be on the desktop of Mac, find the App Store, and then download the GarageBand and install it on your PC.
How To Use iPadian Emulator To Run The GarageBand App On Your PC
Another way to install the GarageBand on your Windows PC. If you have this app already using the method above, you can skip reading this. However, if you find it confusing, you can use this alternative way to install it.
However, most iOS emulators are not free; thus, it requires you to purchase it. The emulator we are going to suggest to you is the iPadian. This emulator may not be free, but in our opinion, it is the best one available.
If you decided to get it, you must ensure that your computer is powerful enough by reading its minimum requirements so that you won’t waste your time, effort, and money.
Otherwise, to get this emulator, read and follow our guide.
- Start by getting the iPadian emulator from its website. Search for their name, and you will find it easily.
- Assuming that you have purchased and downloaded it already, double click its setup and accept its terms and conditions to continue the installation.
- When the installation is over, check your desktop and then launch the iPadian emulator from it.
- Now look for the Apple AppStore and then open it.
- Use your iCloud account and login here. If you don’t have it, you can create one quickly and use it here.
- After that, search for the GarageBand and then install it.
- In this way, you will be able to use the GarageBand app on your Windows PC inside the iPadian emulator.
For More Similar Apps, Check: Bass Booster For Windows & Mac – Free Download
Fixing Unresponsive Emulator Or MacOS
Running an emulator or Virtualize macOS on your PC suggest you enable the Virtualization Technology. It is essential because any apps that use virtualization will benefit from these settings.
To enable it, you have to go to your BIOS menu. If you don’t know the BIOS, you should be careful in modifying it.
Incorrectly setting up the BIOS will prevent your computer from booting up properly. That’s why you should only modify and enable virtualization.
To get to your BIOS menu, you need to reboot your computer and tap the F2 key, or if that doesn’t work, then the Delete key. You should repeatedly tap it while your computer boots to enter the UEFI or BIOS menu.
Now, find the virtualization and enable it. Save the changes, and you can start booting your computer regularly.
After that, you can run either macOS or an iPadian emulator. It should increase the performance and speed of the program for running the GarageBand app.
Apple Inc. might not have any plans to release it to other Operating Systems, but with a virtualize Mac or emulator program, you can still enjoy using the GarageBand for PC.
You Might Also Like: Free Download AnimeGo For PC – Windows & Mac
- Magic Poser For PC – Windows 10/8/7 & Mac Download - May 22, 2020
- Download VLLO For PC – Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac - May 21, 2020
- ClassDojo For PC – Download On Windows Or Mac & Start Learning/Teaching - May 19, 2020