Be Ready For 24/7 Entertainment With Sling TV App For PC – Windows/Mac
Back in the ’90s, the cable network became a revolutionary tool all over the World. Almost everyone had at least one TV at their homes, and watching their favorite shows all day on the cable networks were part of their lives.
Now, the scenarios have changed a bit. While the cable network and channels are still popular, there has been a sudden increase in users migrating to internet platforms and OTT services.
The main advantage of watching TV channels through the internet was cost-cutting, which was much more efficient than cable. There were other benefits too.
The app in the review in this article is an American service called Sling TV. This app became a leading entertainment service that provided both cable channels and over-the-top television services.
What Is The Sling TV App?
The Sling TV app is a web platform available on smartphones, smart TVs, and PCs that provides premium TV streaming and live channels.
Currently, Sling TV has introduced two main packages for $30 each:
Sling Blue service provides almost 48 channels that range from news channels to entertainment and lifestyle ones.
Sling Orange service provides almost 33 channels that mostly involve Cartoon channels, Sports, and news.
Sling Orange & Blue
There is another package called Sling Orange & Blue that combines both these services channels with 54 channels.
Best Features Of The Sling TV App
Sling TV has the following features.
The audience can record their favorite shows with the help of Sling Air TV. They can record up to 10 hours of their shows.
The Sling TV lets its users rent movies at a cheap price tag. They can also opt for video on demand to watch the latest movies.
The Sling TV app lets its users engage with international channels. They can watch shows from different regions and languages.
The Good And Bad About Sling TV App
Every application has its own pros and cons. Check it out.
- Decent channel selection.
- Cheap subscriptions.
- Fast streaming.
- Only available in the USA.
- Limited video recording storage.
- Confusing interface.
- Package limits.
How To Download Sling TV App On PC?
The Sling TV app is present on Windows versions 7 to 10. The users can easily download the Sling TV program on their Windows platforms.
Running Sling TV App On Windows 10 PC
The Sling TV owners launched a Windows Store version of their app so that the Windows 10 users can easily download it from the Store and enjoy the services. The procedure to download is:
- Go to the Windows Store.
- Click the search icon on top.
- Enter the keyword “Sling TV.”
- Confirm the developer’s Sling TV LLC.
- Hit the Get button, then hit install.
- Let Sling TV app download on Windows 10.
- Sling TV is now ready to play.
Running The Sling TV App On Windows 7/8
The owners of Sling TV also launched a Windows program of their Sling TV app so that the users can easily watch their content. The download procedure is:
- Go to the official website of this app.
- Wait until the Sling TV official page loads.
- Navigate the downloads section and find the required Windows version according to your requirements.
- Download the file into your Windows 7 or 8 and wait for it to complete.
- Run the file and install Sling TV on Windows 7 or 8.
Watching From Windows/Mac Browser
The famous OTT and live channels platform Sling TV is also available online. The users need to go to their official website to start watching the live shows. Although the Sling TV browser version comes with limited facilities, if the user only needs to watch a show, they could consider it.
To watch online:
- Go to the Google Chrome or Safari browser.
- Enter sling.com.
- Log in or sign up for free.
- Subscribe to the packages.
- Start watching local and international channels on Sling TV.
How To Access Sling TV App For Mac?
Unfortunately, the Sling TV app for Mac version was removed by the owners, so there is no way to download it on a mac computer. However, the viewers can watch Sling TV online through the website or download it using an alternate method.
To use the Sling TV app on a Mac PC, the users have to download an Android Emulator. An Android Emulator will transform a portion of their Mac into a mini Android OS that works exactly like an Android phone. The user then needs to enter their Google account, access the Play Store, and download the Sling TV app.
To know how it is done:
- Open a new tab in your web browser.
- Enter the address bluestacks.com.
- The BlueStacks emulator web page will open.
- From there, download the BlueStacks macOS version.
- Launch the BlueStacks installer on Mac.
- Complete the installation and launch the main emulator,
- After that, go to the main BlueStacks interface.
- Find the account settings then enter your Google account.
- Once you finished it, you can download the Sling TV app from the Play Store, so go ahead and search for it.
- Your BlueStacks emulator will then install the Sling TV app in a few seconds.
- The Sling TV app will soon appear on the main home screen of the emulator.
- Open it and you can start using the Sling TV app on your Mac.
- Congratulations, you have completed the installation of this app for MacOS.
Frequent Related Internet Searches
- How much is Sling TV per month?
The Sling TV Orange and Blue versions both cost $30 each per month.
- What is the difference between Sling Orange and Blue?
Sling Orange is offering Disney, ESPN, and other related channels, while Sling Blue offers lifestyle channels like TLC, E! etc.
- How many devices can use Sling TV?
Three devices can use Sling TV at a time. If you want to use more, you have to logout from the first one.
The Sling TV app is worth the money. It just needs more diversity in their channels then it will give other popular OTT platforms a run for their money. So, what are you waiting for? Start downloading the Sling TV app for PC now.
You Might Also Like: DStv App – How To Download And Watch On Your PC?
- Sennheiser Smart Control for PC – How To Install on Windows/Mac - October 23, 2021
- Pure Tuber for PC – Watch Without Ads Interruptions - October 21, 2021
- Plus Messenger for PC: How To Download on Windows/Mac - October 20, 2021