How To Download and Use Textra On PC?
Are you bored with the dull and repetitious messaging app on your computer? And want something fresher to lighten up your mood then Textra is a perfect choice for you.
This app can be a great alternative to the classic SMS apps. Smartphones or tablets are not the only devices that you can use to run this app but computers as well.
And the method to download the Textra on PC will be discussed below. Continue reading on to find out more details about it.
What is Textra?
Textra is a popular free messaging app. This app comes with more than 200 themes. You can customize all the settings according to your choice to enjoy an incredible messaging experience. You can not only set custom notifications and ringtones but also Textra allows you to capture the photos without leaving the app. The app contains a lot of cool emoticons and fancy tools to take your chatting to next level.
Features of Textra App
Textra is an android mobile app so how does it work on PC? Well, it works the same on the PC. Here, we have discussed some highlighted features of the app.
Wide Range of Themes
Textra offers you more than 200 themes to customize your messaging app with a variety of choices. Also, you can search for more themes that are absolutely free and set them easily. All the themes are professional and their efficient design looks great on the large screen of your computer.
Another amazing feature of this app is that you can use emojis of your choice. The application has android, IOS, and Twitter sort of emoticons. You can choose any of them to make your chats cool and more appealing. Also, all the emojis work fine on the desktop without any error or blank boxes.
Customize the Notifications
This app even allows you to customize your notification bar that is not offered by any other app. You can change the style of the box, type of box, color, and font of the notifications.
The notifications on the desktop app only appear if you are using the app. In case, you are using the app in the background then you may miss some of the notifications.
Customize Text Bubbles
Moreover, there are plenty of options available to customize your text bubbles, so you can set them as per your choice.
Capture Pictures in the App
Textra also lets you take photos while chatting without leaving the app. Just click on the ‘snap’ button and share the photos with your friends. Furthermore, this feature may not work on your computer until you connect the webcam with the app. So, make sure to connect it to share snaps with your friends from the PC.
You can also record the audio during a chat and send it to your friends. The app runs smoothly on the computer with great speed. Even, if you using the app on your computer, it would not lack anything in its performance.
Some other features of the app are:
- The app has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use.
- It has GIF animations and over 2000 emoticons.
- You can also make a call during a chat.
- Redesign your interface with plenty of designs.
- It has three options to block unwanted messages, blocking a user by its number, blocking by a specific keyword, and blocking by words in the messages.
- It is completely free.
- There are more exciting features in the Textra Pro.
Textra Pro Version
There is also a paid version of the app called Textra Pro. This version has some incredible features that make it truly a free version. You can subscribe to the premium version for only three US dollars per month. It has some awesome styling and customization features that are not available in the basic version. Also, the premium version is completely ad-free so you can enjoy your chatting without any disturbance. Some other features of Textra Pro are given below:
- You can change the background to light, dull, and night mode in order to comfort your eyes.
- There are 6 Text box styles.
- You can make your SMS and MMS more fun, exciting, and secure via animojis.
- You can capture short videos and send them to your friends just like Snapchat.
- Textra Pro allows you to create groups of your friends and family just like WhatsApp and Facebook.
- You can answer a text from the notification without opening the app.
- Send voice notes to your friends.
How to Download Textra for PC?
Unfortunately, there is no chrome extension or web version of this app. but don’t worry, you can easily install the Textra app on Windows PC using an android emulator.
There are plenty of emulators in the market like Bluestacks, NoxPlayer, and MeMu Player. Bluestacks is the most popular and trustworthy emulator. It does not contain any malicious software and ensures the smooth performance of the app on your PC.
Installing the Textra App Using a Bluestack Emulator
- Install Bluestacks emulator on your computer from its official website. You can also check our article here for more explanation about BlueStacks.
- Open the downloaded file from the ‘Downloads’ folder of your PC to initiate the setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to launch it on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, open the emulator and log in to your Google account using your Gmail credentials.
- Now open the Google Play store and search for Textra SMS.
- Click on the ‘Install button.
- Once installed, you can open it from the home screen of the BlueStacks emulator and start using it on your PC.
Commonly Asked Questions
Is Textra safe to use on Mac and Windows?
Is Textra Free?
Yes! Textra is free but it also has a paid version with premium features.
Does Textra have the supports of RCS?
Yes! Textra has the supports of RCS.
The default messaging apps in the devices do not have any new features and are really boring to use. So, you can upgrade your chatting by using Texts and Textra Pro. Although it is not available for the PC, you can easily download the Textra on your PC by using an emulator.
You Might Also Like: Kik Messenger App For PC – How To Download and Install on Windows/Mac?
- How To Download UkTVNow on Firestick? - September 24, 2021
- How To Download & Install IPTV Smarters for Firestick? - September 23, 2021
- How To Install & Setup Spectrum TV App on Firestick? - September 22, 2021