Wemo For PC – How To Install On Windows & Mac
The Wemo app is a useful iOS and Android software that you can use for controlling the power source of the light switch or outlet. Whether you are away from your home or office, as long as you are connected to the internet, you will be able to check if there’s a live power running on your Wemo devices. It is handy if you are away from your home or office but forgot to turn off some of your appliances. If you are planning on controlling your devices from your computer, you might think of downloading the Wemo for PC. However, you won’t be able to find a direct installer for a computer.
Why Choose The Wemo For PC?
This application is beneficial because you can remotely control almost any device connected to its outlet or your home light switch. For example, if you are already laying on your bed and a bit lazy, you can simply open this app and then turn on or off your devices.
In this case, you don’t need to stand up, and so you can continue sleeping or doing whatever you want after you control it remotely on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- It has a lot of compatibility on different devices such as Wemo Mini, Insight, Amazon Echo, Light Switch, or Google Home.
- Easy to use because of its clean and friendly user interface.
- It is free to use and does not need you to provide your credit card details to download.
- Power failure can make an infinite reboot cycle.
- You need to create an account to use it.
List Of Wemo App Features
Control Your Device Or Appliances
As long as you have an internet connection, whatever place you are in, you will be able to turn on or off it without lifting a finger on the Wemo devices.
Set A Schedule
This feature is useful so that you don’t need to manually check your Wemo app frequently by making a schedule to automatically turn on and off on the time frame that you set.
If you frequently forgot to set a schedule or check your devices, don’t worry because, with the timer feature, the device can automatically turn off by itself so that you can prevent running excess electricity and save it.
Allows You To Integrate The IFTTT
The IFTTT stands for “If This, Then That” is a web-based feature that has a lot of possibilities based on real-world events. To get more information about it, you can try visiting the website of the Wemo app and see the list of its recipes. This feature can also send you a notification about your activity and many more.
Create Your Own Rules
If you don’t find the right or needed settings for your device, you can create your own and apply it.
Turn Your Lights On And Off Randomly
With this feature, you can turn on the lights on and off randomly. This will make your neighbors or people outside to think that you are at home, even when you are not. It can also reduce the burglar attempts at your home since they’ll believe that someone is still awake in your office or house.
Trending App: Download Canon Camera Connect App For PC
Installing Wemo For Windows Or Mac
Some people are sitting in front of their computers or laptop and do not use their mobile phones frequently. If you are one of them and would like to use the Wemo app on your Windows PC/Mac, you’ll find that there’s no application dedicated to these Operating Systems.
This makes you think that there’s no way to download and install it on your PC. But don’t worry because there’s a fix that you can apply so that you can install the Wemo app on your computer.
Before you do that, it is highly advisable to check whether your computer has enough power to install and run it because you are going to use an emulator program.
The emulator software usually needs that you have the following:
- Have a computer that has a minimum of 1.5GHz of speed. If you are using a powerful or modern CPU, this won’t be a problem.
- Check if the installed RAM on your PC is over 2 GB. If you have below the minimum requirements, you won’t be able to run it properly. The only fix that you can apply is to upgrade the RAM or increase the virtual memory of your PC.
- For Windows 10, 8, or 7 users, you need to install the latest .Net framework and the Visual C++ Redistributable.
- See if you have already installed the latest drivers on your computer, primarily for the graphics. You can get the newest version if you refer to the manufacturer’s website of your card.
- Check your hard drive if you still have enough room to install the emulator and Wemo app. If you are unsure, just keep it above 10 GB.
Download And Install BlueStacks Emulator
You might already hear about the BlueStacks emulator. If not, then we will tell you a bit of detail about it. This emulator is currently the most popular and known by many people who use an emulator to play or run an Android app.
We recommend using this Android emulator because it is fast, and most of the app is compatible with it. To install it, follow the instructions:
- Go to the website of Bluestacks and then get the installer compatible with your Operating System. If you don’t know that, search the Bluestacks on Google, and you’ll find its website immediately.
- Open the installer, and you need to agree with its terms and conditions.
- Once you started the installation, it will take around 10 – 20 minutes to fully installed it. Make sure that you are connected to the internet when you are still installing it.
- The Bluestacks emulator will have a shortcut on your desktop normally, open it to launch the emulator.
- You’ll notice that the Google Play Store login will appear, enter your account to start integrating it. If you don’t have a Play Store account, make a new Gmail account and use it here.
- After that, head to the Play Store and click it. Since you already entered an account, you won’t need to sign in anymore.
- Click the search button or the magnifying glass and start typing the Wemo app.
- Download the Wemo app, and then it will generate a shortcut on your desktop once you installed it.
- Find it on your desktop and double click the icon of the Wemo app on your Windows PC or Mac and start using it.
Also, Read: Download VLLO App For PC – Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac
Can you run the Wemo app for a computer without an emulator?
No, the only app available can be found only on the Android and iOS Stores. Thus, there’s no official version of this app on the computer. In order to run the Wemo PC version, it requires you to use an emulator.
Is there a virus on it?
None, it is completely safe to use, and Bluestacks is a very popular emulator program trusted by lots of anti-viruses. You can even do your own research about them on Google. If you are having trouble, or your AV blocks it, you can safely put it on the trusted list.
Do I need the internet to use the Wemo app?
Yes, since it is an online-based application, you need to connect it to the internet. Otherwise, you won’t be able to control your Wemo devices remotely.
The emulator runs slow even my PC is already powerful, how to fix it?
This problem is usually caused by the virtualization technology being turned off. Since the emulator program creates a virtual Android OS on your PC/Mac, it will benefit if you enable this option on the BIOS menu.
Though it does not have an official release for Windows, the Wemo app can still be run on your computer by using a powerful emulator such as the Bluestacks. Now, even in front of your PC, you can still control your Wemo devices on your PC.
You Might Also Like: Free Download Magic Poser App For Computer – Windows/Mac