IFTTT – PC Installation Guide On Windows & Mac
Voice recognition is one of the most exciting technology. It allows you to interact with your device even without pressing the buttons or touching it physically. With this technology, you can save a lot of your time and effort. Did you know that you can also make things more organize and automated? This makes it possible with an app called IFTTT. A lot of apps, services, and devices are compatible with it, including Twitter, Google Drive, Twitch, Telegram, and many more.
If you want to find out how to download and install the IFTTT for PC, you’ll have to follow the procedure here. First, we’ll discuss more information about it.
What Is IFTTT App For PC?
The IFTTT is an acronym that stands for “If This, Then That,” which basically allows you to create a condition that if something happens, then do something automatically. In other words, it allows you to make a rules base on the state and then automate the task you wanted.
Some people would think that you need knowledge in programming to use it properly, but it is not. You don’t need to be knowledgeable about this. Anyone will be able to use it as long as you understand the conditions you are making.
IFTTT – Pros And Cons
Here is the information about the advantages of using the IFTTT, including some of its disadvantages.
- Making automation is simple and easy.
- You don’t need a coding skill to use it.
- It supports most of the popular services available online.
- Some applets are ready-made, so you don’t have to create one yourself.
- Everyone is welcome to download and use the IFTTT app because it is free.
- As of now, there are no chained triggers that allow you to take multiple actions.
- Some users reported that it does not respond in some cases.
- It has no enterprise-level support.
Features Of IFTTT For PC
Over 630 Compatible Apps
Most of the applications that you use online are compatible with this app, such as Telegram, Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, and some popular devices like Google Home, iRobot, LIFX, Amazon Alexa, and many more.
It can be used to control anything around your using only your voice command with a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa technology.
Always Get Prepared
The IFTTT app on PC can also get you prepared ahead of time, especially on the weather because it has a forecast notification.
Back-Up Of Files
With its technology to integrate on different cloud storage solutions, your file, such as your photos and contacts, can be back upon it automatically.
If you set an applet based on the map, it will trigger it once it detects your current location.
Also, Check: Download Unacademy App On PC – Windows/Mac
PC Requirements Of The IFTTT
Currently, the IFTTT app can be download on Google Play Store and Apple App Store for free. In order to download the IFTTT on your PC, you’ll have to use an emulator.
Specifically, the Android version because it is free and easier to use. Before we teach you how to install it, you must consider looking for the information below to see if your computer is good enough to run an Android emulator.
- It needs a processor that has two cores or more since the emulator mostly relies on it.
- You must also ensure that you are using a computer that has 4 GB or more of memory.
- Check if you have the latest version of graphics drivers. If not, get the installer from the website of your card manufacturer’s website.
- Ensure that you have already installed the Microsoft .Net framework and Visual C++ in case you use a Windows Operating System.
- Have a 10 GB or more free space on your hard drive to ensure that you will be able to download and install an emulator, including the IFTTT app on your PC.
If you think that your computer has the specs above or better and you completed installing and updating some necessary software, you are now ready to install an emulator and run the IFTTT on PC.
How To Download An Emulator And Install IFTTT For Windows PC/Mac?
There are a lot of Android emulators available out there if you try to search for it. However, we recommend using only the most popular and known by many people.
This emulator is called BlueStacks. We recommend this one because it is compatible with many apps, including the IFTTT and run it on your PC.
To get this emulator, follow the procedure below.
- Find the BlueStacks emulator website and then download it. For a more detailed guide, check this link.
- After you download the installer, locate the file and then open it.
- The installation window for this emulator will now appear, read, and then accept the terms agreement.
- Hit the “Install” button after that and wait for it to complete the installation. It usually lasts for 10 – 20 minutes, depending on the speed of your PC.
- Check your desktop once you completed the installation and then open its shortcut.
- For the first time use, the Play Store login will appear, log in the details of your account, and then continue.
- Now, open the Play Store and start the search for the IFTTT. It is a popular app, so you’ll find it easily.
- Click the download to install the IFTTT on your Windows computer once you found it on the Play Store.
- When you completed the installation, you can either go back to your desktop or go to the home of the emulator to see the shortcut icon of the IFTTT app.
- Run the shortcut of the IFTTT, and this will start it on your PC.
IFTTT App Alternative Software
The most related software that you can compare on the IFTTT is the Zapier. This tool functions the same to make an automated task. However, IFTTT has a considerable advantage over it because it is free of charge.
Although the Zapier app can be used without subscribing to their services, you can only use several and basic tools, and most of its services are locked, though.
The Zappier tool also does not support the Internet of Things or IoT as of now. In comparison, the IFTTT supports it so you can create an applet that follows your rule.
1. Can I use IFTTT on my PC without an emulator?
As of now, it is currently available on Play Store and App Store, so there’s no other way to install it on PC without using an emulator program.
2. Is it safe to use the IFTTT app?
It is normal if you want to worry before you use an app. Luckily, the IFTTT is completely safe for everyone. It has a secure way of communicating with your device and for automation.
3. I want to remotely turn on my PC using the IFTTT, how to do it?
First, make sure that your motherboard has already enabled the Wake On LAN feature. This can be found on the BIOS. Once you enabled it, set a tasker to WOL your computer when you receive the “PC turn ON.” Then to automate it, say the “Ok Google, turn on my PC,” and your computer will start turning on.
IFTTT is an incredible way for automation. With this app, you will be able to get things easier by using only your voice and execute a certain task based on your condition. It is truly one of the best apps for its category.
You Might Also Like: How To Download & Install Gacha Club On PC?
- Download Kik Messenger On PC Guide – Windows 10/8/7 - February 24, 2021
- Manage Your Google Devices With Google Home App For PC - February 23, 2021
- Lookout Security for PC: Protect Your Computer - February 22, 2021