Do you want to manage any of your Wyze devices including Cameras, Door Lock, Lights, and even electrical outlets? In that case, you must download and install the Wyze app for PC. This application is the official version that was created for managing different Wyze smart devices.
With this software, you can control and manage your camera or other smart devices without physically interacting with them. This is very important for people who wanted to control it without standing and turning it on or off manually. Using your smartphone or tablet, you can completely control it.
The Wyze app is exclusive only to Android and iOS. However, there’s a method for running the Wyze cam desktop app. This method is not official, but I can assure you that it is completely safe, and nothing shady about it.
If you want to continue, this involves third-party software and millions of people are using it. The software we are going to use for running the Wyze cam desktop app is called the Android emulator.
Emulator just creates a Virtualize environment of Android which makes your computer or laptop run almost any Android app including the Wyze app. Before installing an emulator program, please check if your computer can run it by reading the information below. If you like this app, you might also consider checking this similar app.
How To Prepare Your Computer To Run Wyze App for PC
Before running an Android emulator program on your computer, you have to install the latest graphics driver on your computer. This includes the latest DirectX which you can also install automatically by installing GPU drivers.
Now for people using Windows Operating System, you must also install the latest .NET framework which is required by most emulator programs to work. Otherwise, you can skip this part if you are using a Mac Operating System.
After that, check if your RAM is enough. Generally, the minimum requirements are just 2GB of RAM. If you have a 4, 8, or higher, then it’s better and you will be able to run it faster.
The other thing that you need to consider is the free space available. Before you install the emulator and Wyze cam for the desktop app, make sure that you have 20 GB of free space, so you won’t encounter some issues later on.
Lastly, one of the most important options for running an emulator program is to enable Virtualization Technology. This option can be found if you reboot your computer into UEFI or BIOS and then enable the Intel-vt or AMD-v.
Once everything is ready, you may now proceed to the installation of an emulator. We give you two emulator options for running the Wyze cam app for PC. The first one is BlueStacks and the other one is Nox App Player.
You can choose any of the following emulators. You can’t go wrong picking up any of them.
How to Install Wyze App For PC? (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac)
There are different ways to get the Wyze app for PC. In this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to get it using Bluestacks and Nox Player.
Method 1: Get the Wyze app for PC Using Bluestacks
Before we begin, why BlueStacks? To make a simple answer to this query, the BlueStacks emulator is one of the earliest Android emulators that is completely free to use. The creator of this emulator is actively updating its software to make it one of the best emulator programs.
- Now to download and install the BlueStacks emulator, you have to visit their official website and download the installer from it. The link to their website can be found here.
- Once you are inside their website, click the download button and start downloading it.
- Save it where you can easily locate it such as on your desktop. Now after you download the installer, run it and accept the Terms and Conditions of the BlueStacks emulator.
- Click the install now button and wait until it has been completed. After that, browse for the shortcut of BlueStacks and launch it.
- Opening it for the first time will prompt BlueStacks to provide the details of your account on the Play Store. Don’t worry it is safe but if you don’t like it. You can skip the setup of the Play Store and then proceed with our guide for APK installation.
- I will assume that you have provided the details of your account so open the Google Play Store and you should be able to navigate through it. Now search for the Wyze app and click the install button.
- This will install the Wyze app for Windows PC and you should be able to run it once the installation has been completed.
Method 2: Install Wyze App for PC Using Nox Player
If you asked, why install Nox App Player? Simply because this emulator was built for emulating apps or games faster. The black themes are also cool but this is only our preference.
- To install the Nox App Player, go and check the official website by clicking this link.
- From their website, click the download button and save it to your computer. Make sure to save it so you can access it easily. Also, keep note that the installer is around 300MB – 400MB. For a slower computer and internet, it should take about 30 minutes and more so be patient.
- After you installed the Nox App Player, run it from your computer desktop and launch the Google Play Store.
- Enter your account here or if you don’t feel providing your details, you can use our APK installation mode of the Wyze app.
- Now if you enter your account, you will be able to access the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Wyze app and download it.
- You can find the Wyze App on your PC that you downloaded from the Home or App Drawer of Nox App Player. Launch it and start connecting your device.
Installation Using APK
This guide is only for people who do not want to share their Google ID. If you have entered your account in Play Store, you can ignore this part.
Now to download the APK of the Wyze app, you can simply go to Google.com and search for it. Be careful and make sure to download only from a trusted source.
After you got the Wyze app APK, you can install it by clicking the option from the emulator called “Install APK”. Now select the Wyze APK and then install it.
Once you have installed it, you can run the Wyze App from your computer the same as the Google Play version. The only downside is you have to manually update this app whenever the developers have released a new version of it.
What Features Does Wyze Cam App Have?
- Wyze app allows you to record the video feeds into your SD card.
- It supports the recording of 1080p HD video quality.
- You can access and view the live feeds of your camera anywhere in the globe.
- It has a two-way audio system and allows you to talk with your camera or another device.
- Whenever it captures a motion, you can get notified instantly.
- The camera supports night vision so that you can still view even in the dark.
- You can set an alarm that will notify you whenever it detects a smoke or CO alarm.
- The device can be shared with your family and friends by giving them access.
- It allows you to modify the sensitivity and detection levels.
With the help of the Android emulator such as BlueStacks or Nox App Player, you download the Wyze cam app for Windows 11/10/8/7 and then use it from your computer. Now, you can connect, manage, and control your smart devices using your computer.