This article will guide you on how to download Google Play Books for PC (Windows & Mac). We will also tell you about its features and its guidelines.
Google Play Books – Introduction
Google Play Books also known as Google eBooks is a free app that was launched in December 2010. It is available for Android and IOS devices. There’s also an installer available for Chromebook OS.
The Google Play Books can also be downloaded from 70-plus countries. It is claimed to be “the largest ebooks collection in the world” as it contains over five million titles.
How to Download Google Play Books for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7 & Mac)
There is no official app for Google Play Books for computers. But you can access the Google Playbooks on your PC by following the given steps in this guide.
Method 1 – Access Google Play Books for PC From Your Browser
Open the official website of Google Play Books on your web browser.
You can Sign in from the ‘Sign in’ option at the top right corner of the page.
Sign in using your Google account credentials.
Once you are logged in, you can view the list of books available.
Method 2 – Download the Google Play Books app for PC Using Bluestacks
There’s also an alternative way to download and install the Google Play Books app on your Windows PC/Mac. However, you will need to use a tool for it.
This method requires you to have a fast computer in order to run it successfully. So, we recommend you stick to accessing it from the website if that works for you without an issue.
Otherwise, if you want to experiment or try this, simply follow the following procedures:
- Download the latest version of the BlueStacks or other similar android emulators.
- Install it on your computer.
- Once you completed the installation, open it and go to the Play Store, and log in to your account.
- Find the Google Play Books by typing it on the search bar.
- Install this application once you found it.
- After the installation, open the homepage of the emulator, and then you will find the Google Play Books app on it.
How to Purchase a Book on Google Play Books?
In order to download a book, follow the given steps:
Tap on the ‘Shop’ option in the left panel.
Now type the Title, author, or any other keyword in the search tab at the top of the page to find your book.
Or you can click on the ‘Genres’ option on the top and find your book by category.
You can find details about the books like their summary and pricing information by clicking on the book.
If the book is free, you can simply save it to your library. But if the book needs to be purchased, then click on the ‘Price’ above the summary.
Now to confirm the purchase, provide your password then choose the payment method and provide the requested information.
Now click on the ‘My Books’ option from the left panel to view your books in the library.
Now click on the three dots present at the bottom right corner of the book cover.
Now click on ‘Download PDF’ or ‘Download EPUB’.
Now choose the location where the book should be saved and confirm ‘Download’. The downloaded book can be in any of the three formats, ASCM file, PDF, or EPUB.
Now, in order to read the book, you follow the given step depending on the format of your book.
- If your book is downloaded as PDF then you can read it via Adobe Reader, Mac Preview, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or any other PDF reader.
- If your Book is downloaded as ASCM File, then you have to install any additional software ‘Adobe Digital Editions’ to read the book. You can download it from here.
- If the download book is in EUPB then you can either read it from iBooks (if using Mac) or Adobe Digital Editions.
Features of the App
Read your Books with Navigation
Once the book is downloaded, you can read it anytime. These are some of the navigation options available to ease your reading.
- To set a bookmark, tap on the right corner of the page in the full-screen reading mode.
- You can highlight or add a note to the particular word by holding on to it.
- Also, you can search for the definitions of a particular word on the web. These definitions are available in the box at the bottom of the page. You can expand the box by dragging it up to view more definitions.
- Tap anywhere on the page to view the ‘Skim Mode’. It will display various options like Contents, Search and Display. You can view the chapter of the books from the ‘Content’ option.
Access the Control with a Talkback Reader
You can access various control of the app by using a talkback screen reader option. It can be used for, Purchasing Books, Opening Books, Search Books, Text Settings, Page navigation, and Visual settings. But this option is not reliable as the talkback stops at the end of the page and you have to turn to the next page manually and then continue using Talkback.
Print Your Books
Google Play Books allows you to print eBooks. But some of the eBooks are available with a page limit to be printed. This page limit is called “Digital Rights Management” and is set by the publisher.
Instead of purchasing the book at full price, you can rent it for a particular period. You can find the rented books in two ways.
- You can browse for “textbooks for rent”.
- Or open the particular book and check whether it is available for rent. If a ‘rent’ option is available next to ‘Price then it is available for rent. If your renting expires during the reading, you can rent it again. Your previous highlights and notes are available in the new rental as well.
Upload the eBooks
A user may also upload up to 2,000 eBooks. In order to upload the eBooks, open the settings and enable PDF uploading. You can upload a book either in PDF or EPUB format.
You can view the uploaded books in the library from the ‘Upload’ option.
Most Asked Questions
Will downloading a book from Google Play Books cost me money?
In Google Pay Books, some books are free and some need to be purchased to read them.
Is Google Play Books safe?
Yes! This application is completely safe. It has the same security and privacy as other products of Google. It has well-established security measures to keep a user’s account safe.
Does Google Play Books have pirated content?
Due to an increase in pirated content, Google Play Books closed its sign-up to the publisher’s account in 2015. It was launched again in 2018 with an automated feature to decline books that have excessive pirated content.
Also Read: How To Download KJV Bible App On Your PC?