Are you getting tired of seeing a message indicating that you cannot access the content, website, apps, or even social media? In that case, you need the Lantern VPN app which allows you to bypass these types of restrictions.
Connecting to the Lantern VPN will allow you to easily access Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and many more. Using this VPN is very easy, all you need to do is to install it and click the ON button.
You don’t need to create an account or adjust some fancy settings to use it. That’s why, many people love to use this app on their computers, tablet, or smartphones.
The Lantern VPN can work on different platforms and devices such as Android phones, iOS, and, even computers. To use the Lantern VPN for PC on Windows or Mac, you have two options, install using their executable file that can be found on their website or use the Android version app on your computer.
If you choose the latter one, you will need something like the emulator program. This software is needed for running Android apps on your computer. Before we talk about the installation, why don’t you check the features of this great VPN software?
In case you want more similar apps, check the UFO VPN and install it on Windows and Mac for free.
Great Features Of The Lantern VPN App
- This app was designed to bypass the restriction and access the websites, or social media that you cannot view because it is either blocked by the Network Administrator, ISP, or your Government.
- You will also be able to bypass the restriction on the firewall so your favorite apps will work.
- This app was developed to make it easy to understand and user-friendly for everyone.
- They included a free 500 MB of high-speed internet data per month. You can still enjoy using the Lantern VPN even if you reached the 500 MB limit but with a lower speed.
- It allows you to access this VPN app whenever you are.
- The app itself is lightweight and does not consume a lot of your storage space so your device won’t get lagged from it.
- While connected to the network of Lantern VPN, your browsing session and traffic will be encrypted to make yourself protected and free from anyone who will try to snoop on your connection.
- They are always open to comments and suggestions and get in touch with them easily.
- The paid version or the Lantern VPN Pro provides you its high speed without any data limitations.
Now, the next part is the preparation of your computer to run this VPN app.
Things You Need To Do Before Installing Lantern VPN
Installing an emulator program is easy to do. But the question is, is your computer capable of running it? To see if you will be able to run it, read the details below.
- According to the websites of the emulator program, it requires your computer to have a good processor speed. It needs your computer to have a minimum of 1 GHz speed to make the emulation successful.
- They also require your computer to have 2 GB of memory installed. If your PC is old and does not have it, your other option is to increase the virtual memory or just add more/upgrade your memory stick.
- Before you download an emulator program, you must have free space on your hard disk. This is just common sense, but it is a good idea to include it in your checklist.
After you check its hardware requirements, the next part is to check if you have the necessary software installed. These are:
- Most emulator program including the one that we are going to recommend to you requires that your computer have a .Net framework installed. If you have it already, update it to the latest version. This method is only for Windows.
- If you want to increase the emulation speed of the Lantern VPN on PC, you need to enable Virtualization Technology.
- Go to its website of Microsoft and then download the latest package of the Visual C++ redistributable, and install both x86 and x64 versions. Again, this is for Windows OS only.
- The DirectX is needed for running an emulator, you can install or update it if you download and install the latest GPU drivers into your computer or laptop.
Now your computer is ready to use almost any kind of Android app like the Lantern VPN app for Windows & Mac.
Download Lantern VPN for PC (Windows 11/10/8/7)
The emulator called BlueStacks is very popular around the world. Lots of people use it because it is very reliable and known as one of the earliest made emulators that have active developers.
We, from appzforpc.com, also use it and we can assure you that it runs great with apps including the emulation of Lantern VPN for PC. Install this emulator by downloading it from its website by clicking this link.
After you saved the installer, browse and open it. It will now start the installation window. Before you can proceed, it will require you to understand its terms and conditions, you can read it or simply skip it by clicking the “I Agree” and hitting the install button immediately.
Keep in mind that you will need an internet connection before you can install it successfully. After that, go back to your desktop and see if the BlueStacks has been installed successfully. If you see its icon, then run it.
The window with the Play Store logo will now show, it will ask for your Google account. If you don’t have a PlayStore account, create a new Gmail and use it here. Now use your account to log in your details and get access to its huge list of apps.
Look at the top bar of the Play Store and click it, this is the search button. Now type the Lantern VPN and then download it.
This download and installation will take a minute. After you finished it, the BlueStacks will generate an icon on your desktop. Look for it and you can find the shortcut of the Lantern VPN app on a PC. Finally, run this VPN app on your computer, and start connecting to its network.
Lantern VPN For PC Download Using Nox Player
There might be other alternative emulators for BlueStacks, however, the best one that we find is the Nox App Player. This android emulator is very fast and has a cool black theme.
Some people wanted it more than BlueStacks due to its responsive and fast emulation of an app like Lantern VPN. The installation of this emulator is very straight-forward.
Without any fancy settings, you will be able to install and use the Lantern VPN on a computer or laptop. If you want to use this emulator, go ahead and download it from this website.
After you finished downloading it, double click the installer to start the installation setup. Like most apps, accept its condition and follow the instruction given by you from its emulator and wait until you finished it.
Now, go back to your desktop and a shortcut will be generated after the installation. In case you can’t find it, check the list of your programs by searching it and then open this emulator.
Once the window of Nox Player has appeared, you can head to the Google Play Store. Before you will be able to access its apps, you must have a valid Gmail account. Use it here and synchronize your account to use it.
After that, search for the Lantern VPN app from its search button. When you found it, hover your mouse on the download button and click it. Finally, it will now start installing this app on your computer.
You can find the shortcut of the Lantern VPN app on PC by going back to the home of the Nox App Player. Click it to launch the app on your computer.
Also, Check: Zmodo For PC – Free Download On Windows & Mac
APK Installation Method Of This App
If you cannot use Google Play Store or simply don’t want to use it, the other option that you can use is to install the APK of the Lantern VPN app. An APK is a package file installer for Android OS.
With APK, you will be able to install this VPN app without the need for the Play Store. If you want to try this way, start by looking for the Lantern VPN APK by searching for it on the internet. Use your favorite search engine to find it.
Now once you have the APK file, open the emulator program that was installed on your computer. Drag the APK file to the window of your emulator program.
The installation window will appear after that. Just follow the instruction and you will be able to install it.
There’s only one problem with this method since you download and install an APK, you cannot update it from the Google Play Store.
To update the Lantern VPN app installed from APK, you have to download it again and install the latest version of this app.
This method provides you with another way of installing the Lantern VPN for PC on the Windows or Mac computer/laptop. Keep in mind that there’s a version dedicated for Windows and Mac so if you don’t want an Android version on your PC, you should install it instead.
You Might Also Like This App: Pluto TV App For PC – Free On Windows & Mac