Zmodo App For PC Free Download – Windows & Mac
Having a security camera from your home or office will provide you additional security. What more if you can control it from far away and remotely? To do this, there is software that can be download on Appstore and Google PlayStore. It is called the Zmodo app.
This application was made to manage and control Zmodo surveillance camera devices. With this software installed, you can always monitor your house, backyard, or office from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
To view your IP camera remotely, you can use the web app version from its website or just use the Zmodo app for PC on Windows or Mac. If you want to use its Android or iOS app into your computer, first, you need to have an emulator installed on your computer.
An emulator program is a tool that you need to use to run the APK files or Android apps into your computer. This tool is also very safe and anyone can use it freely.
Before you think about downloading this emulator and the Zmodo app for PC, first, we will discuss the features of this app. If you want more similar apps, consider checking the HiKam App For PC – Free Download On Windows And Mac.
What Features Does Zmodo App Have?
- It allows you to see your devices from its dashboard and manage it remotely.
- You can click the “Live” button to preview the current feeds of your CCTV camera.
- The Zmodo app allows you to playback the previous record so that you can check the record of the past events.
- It has a log that you can check for your reference. This can also detect motion, baby cries, miss call and many more.
- This application allows you to talk directly to your camera that supports voice and mic and listen to the sound around it.
- It was designed to be compatible and comfortable to any devices like tablets or smartphones and of course, compatible with an emulator program to run the Zmodo for PC.
- You can also take a screenshot from the real-time video or previous record that the Zmodo app has caught.
- The cloud storage is available if you want to save the recorded video feeds online.
- You can view other people’s IP cameras if they allow Public Streaming videos.
These are only the basic ones, if you want to find more about its features, you can try contacting their developers. Now, let us move to the preparation of your computer to run the Zmodo app.
Preparing Your Computer To Run Zmodo App For PC On Windows 10, 8, 7, & Mac
Running the Zmodo app on a PC does not need to have a super or very powerful computer. Even some older computers or laptop might be able to run it. But it is a good idea if you can make sure that your PC will be able to install and use it.
The following information below are the recommended requirements for the emulator program and Zmodo app.
- First, check if your processor has a minimum of 1 GHz speed. If you have a good processor such as i5 or i7, then you will be able to use the emulator program to its fullest.
- You must also have good RAM installed. A 2 GB is the minimum of the emulator, but it is recommended to have 4 GB nowadays. Anything lower than 2 GB of RAM cannot run an emulator properly. To solve this, you need to add more memory stick.
- It requires you to have 10 GB of free space in your SSD or HDD. This is to make sure that you can download and install the emulator including the Android apps.
- If you encounter some problem when running the Zmodo app for PC, you need to install some other software such as DirectX. This can be solved by updating your graphics driver to the latest version.
- Also, some emulators require a .Net Framework and Visual C++ installed on your computer. If you are using Windows 10, this component might be already installed so just update it. For Mac OS computers, you don’t need to do this step because this applies only for Windows OS.
- To make the emulation faster, an optional setting that you need to enable is the Virtualization Technology. This option enhances the emulator to make a smooth operation.
How To Install The Zmodo On Windows Or Mac Using BlueStacks Emulator
If you follow the guide above, you will be able to install and use the BlueStacks emulator easily without problems. We recommend that you use BlueStacks for running Zmodo for PC because this emulator can run it efficiently.
Also, the BlueStacks emulator is widely known and a lot of people love it. We also tested it and the result is great. Download this emulator from their website here.
Once you are inside their website, download the installer by clicking the download button and save the installer into your computer. Locate the installer file after you finished the download and run it.
The installation setup will now open and will ask that you must agree to its terms and conditions before you can install it. Click the “I Agree” box and then you will be able to click the “Install Now” button.
This emulator setup will now connect to the BlueStacks servers to download its needed files so wait for it. After that, it will be installed so to check it, go to your desktop and the icon of this emulator must be here. Double click it to start the BlueStacks emulator.
Running it will prompt you to enter the account of your Gmail. Enter it and then sync your account. Now, check the Google Play Store apps and look for the Zmodo app.
After you found it, click the download button and this will also install it. This app can be found on your desktop once you finished the installation of the Zmodo app for PC.
Double-click the shortcut icon of this surveillance camera app to launch this app on your computer. Now, go and configure your camera to connect it and start using this app on your PC.
Installing The Nox App Player Emulator To Run The Zmodo For PC
This alternative emulator is also great for running apps like Zmodo on PC. The Nox App Player is also one of the most popular emulators that can perform fast. Also, lots of gamers use it because it was optimized to run games.
The design of the Nox Player’s interface is also cool and simple. To install this emulator program, visit the www.bignox.com and get the installer from their official website.
Download the setup installer and save this file. The installer is usually around 300 – 500 MB so if you have slow internet, you need to be patient.
Now after you finished the download, check the installer and double click it. The setup installer will now start. To continue the installation, you need to accept its terms before you can proceed to the installation.
After you install the Nox Player emulator, there will be a new app icon on your desktop. Launch this software to start using the Nox App Player on your computer.
Now locate the Play Store and run it. You will be able to see its apps after you enter the details of your Gmail account so do it.
The next step is to look for the Zmodo app from its search. Make sure to download the right one because sometimes, an app with a similar name will appear on the search.
Click the download after you found this app on the Google Play Store. This will also install it so be patient while waiting for it to finish. Unlike BlueStacks, Nox doesn’t create a desktop shortcut of this app.
You will be able to launch the Zmodo app on your computer by finding this app on the App Drawer of the Nox emulator. Find it there and launch it to use this app on PC.
Also, Check: Dolphin Browser For Windows & Mac – Free Download
Alternative Way To Install The Zmodo App
The installation of the Zmodo app is not limited to the Google Play Store. It can also be install from an APK. The APK file is a package that an Android Operating System can read and use.
If you want to use the Zmodo app for PC without logging in on Play Store, download the APK installer by looking for it on the search engine.
Run any of your installed emulator programs into your PC and then drag the APK file into its window. This will start the installation, just click the “Install” button to start it.
Finally, you will be able to use the Zmodo for Windows or Mac without using your Play Store account. The only problem with this method is the automatic updates.
An app installed outside the Play Store does not update itself automatically from it. You need to do it manually if you want to get the latest one.
This app can use and enjoy almost any portable Android or iOS device nowadays, but to enjoy the Zmodo on Windows or Mac, you must use an emulator program so that you can enjoy and watch the real-time videos from your big LED or LCD monitor.
You Might Also Like: Download HOOQ App On Windows & Mac For Free
- How To Download & Install VivaVideo On PC – Windows/Mac - July 13, 2020
- Ring App For PC – Download On Windows & Mac - July 10, 2020
- Smart Life App for PC – Download And Control Appliances On Windows/Mac - July 9, 2020