Download & Install HiKam For PC – Windows/Mac
Managing and accessing your IP camera is now simple and easier. With the app called HiKam, you can basically remote and control your CCTV or IP cam whenever you are outside your home or office.
The developers of the HiKam app also made it easy to understand with its intuitive user interface. So, anyone will be able to use and operate it.
You can download the HiKam app for both iOS and Android devices easily to start controlling your cam. If you are wondering why there is no available application for the computer, that’s because they haven’t released an app for that platform as of now.
However, there is a way to download and use HiKam for PC on Windows or Mac. But this will require you to install a third-party application. This software is called an emulator program. The emulator is the only way for running HiKam app for PC unless they released a dedicated app for Windows or Mac.
Some of you might think badly against the emulator. But this is actually a legitimate software and used by many people including us for running an Android-based app or games. We will also recommend you which emulator is the best and compatible with the HiKam app so that you will enjoy using it.
Using an emulator to run the HiKam app is also advantageous over smartphones or tablets since you can use it on your computer with a bigger screen monitor. This makes the viewing of your camera more comfortable and better.
If you are convinced to try this, then first, make your computer prepared for the installation of the emulator program. For more similar apps, consider checking the VSS Mobile App For PC – Free For Windows & Mac.
How To Install HiKam For PC On Windows 10, 8, 7 Or Mac
Since you are going to install an emulator, you need to make sure that your laptop or computer is capable of running it. Although it does not require a powerful CPU or too many resources, it is a good practice to do it to keep you away from wasting your time in case your computer is not compatible.
- The first step that you need to do is to check if your processor is fast enough. The minimum requirements of a processor for running the emulator program is only 1 GHz.
- Next is to check your computer memory or RAM. Your laptop/computer must have at least 2GB of RAM. If your memory is below 2GB, we can’t advise you to use the emulator program since it will hang or lag your computer. Otherwise, you can try increasing your Virtual RAM if you want to try installing it.
- Make sure that your PC has enough space before running it. Ideal storage size is at least 10 GB or better before you install an emulator and HiKam PC.
- After that, you must check DirectX if that was installed already. If yes, just update it.
- The drivers of your graphics card need to be updated to the latest one. Download the update package from NVIDIA or AMD. If you are using built-in, you can get from Intel or AMD website.
- Another software that you must install, or update is Visual C++ Redistributable and .Net framework so make sure to include it. If you are using a Mac OS, you can just ignore this part because this only applies to Windows OS.
- And finally, enable the settings called “Virtualization Technology”. It can be found during boot up at the BIOS or UEFI settings. This will make any virtualization such as an emulator program to load really fast.
Using BlueStacks To Run HiKam For PC On Windows & Mac
One of the greatest emulators as of today that can run HiKam on PC is the BlueStacks emulator. It is a highly rated emulator with lots of positive reviews from its users around the globe. And based on our test, BlueStacks is a very reliable software since any app that we tested in there is running smoothly.
If you want to use it, this emulator can be download on both Windows or Mac by going on their website from here. Save the installer and then run it to start the installation setup.
You will be asked to accept its Terms and Condition. Without accepting, you won’t be able to install it so make sure that you tick the checkbox and then click the button indicating to install it.
BlueStacks emulator will now connect to the internet to download and install its other necessary core files. When the installation has finished, locate the shortcut icon from your desktop and double click it.
This emulator will automatically open the Google Play Store, and also ask for you to enter the account details of it. So, to proceed, enter your Google Play account or Gmail. You can wish to sync your apps with the emulator or just skip it.
Now you have to search for the HiKam app from the Play Store. Use the search bar at the top to find this app. If you found it, open and then click the download button to install it.
Wait for a while and after you finished installing it, check the Home of the BlueStacks emulator, you can find the HiKam app installed in here.
Double click the icon to start running the HiKam for PC on your Windows or Mac computer.
Installing Nox App Player And Run HiKam PC App
While most of us are happy and contented with the BlueStacks emulator, there are some individuals who prefer to use an alternative. We recommend using Nox App Player because it is also one of the highly-rated emulator programs from the internet.
Downloading the Nox App Player is also free and easy. Click this link to visit their website and just find the download button and save the installer on your computer.
Launch the Nox App Player set up once you have finished downloading it. The installation window will now appear. You must agree for its Terms and Conditions before you can proceed to the installation so make sure you checked it.
After that, click the “Install” button to start the installation into your computer. Wait until the process to complete and then run the Nox App Player in case it is already finished.
Find the Google Play Store app and launch it. Since this will be the first time that you open it, Play Store will ask for your Google ID credentials. Provide it with the right details and then search for the HiKam app inside of Play Store.
Download the HiKam app after you found it and then go back to the Nox App Home to find it. Launch this software and connect your camera device to it to finally use the HiKam for PC.
Also, Check This Article: World VPN For Windows & Mac Download For Free
How To Install HiKam App Using APK
If you have already installed the HiKam App into your PC, you can just skip this part. This will also lead to the installation of HiKam for PC at the end. Otherwise, you can do it if you don’t want to use your Gmail account in the Google Play Store.
To continue this method, google the HiKam APK and download it. Save the APK file into your computer where you can locate this file easily.
After that, run the android emulator such as BlueStacks or Nox App Player and don’t full screen it. Locate the APK file of the HiKam app and drag it into the window screen of BlueStacks or Nox.
This will start the installation setup of HiKam. Click install and you’ll be able to install this software into the BlueStacks or Nox Player without accessing or using Google Play Store.
Just a reminder, you won’t be able to update the HiKam app if you use this method. APK needs to be replaced by a new version by downloading and installing it again if you want to update it.
Features Of This Software
- It allows you to create or set an alarm that can detect a motion that will let you know immediately.
- This application can provide you a high-quality video.
- It allows you to control it by using its Pan, Tilt, and Zoom options.
- You can view its real-time video as long as you have the internet.
- Connecting your IP camera is easy to do using the HiKam app.
- Multiple language support from English, German, French, Japanese, Italian and more.
- It supports two-way audio so that you can talk and hear using your camera.
- Downloading the HiKam app does not need a credit card and anyone can use it.
It is advantageous for people to control and manage their CCTV or IP camera from a smartphone or tablet. However, there are folks who prefer to use a traditional computer for viewing their camera records. Because of emulator programs, it is now possible to use and enjoy the HiKam for PC from your Windows or Mac computer and view the camera from a wide-screen and big screen monitor.
You Might Also Like: SoloLearn App For PC – Free Download On Windows And Mac
Latest posts by Kevin Piol (see all)
- How To Install Rocket VPN For PC On Windows 10, 8, 7 Or Mac - January 24, 2020
- Download And Install SoundHound For PC – Windows & Mac - January 23, 2020
- Download Eye4 For PC – Free On Windows & Mac - January 22, 2020